Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Better yet... OIL!!!  (Read 757 times)

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Better yet... OIL!!!
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:07:12 pm »

If you've read the TAR! section, you'll probably (not) find this a good idea.

Introduces a layer of oil similar to The Magma Sea or the lakes in the caverns that can be drilled to surface pools via pump stacks. The oil can then be gathered in barrels, water-skins, or glass vials, which can then be set alight to THEN be fired out of catapults (and hopefully trebuchets) at sieges to set small areas on fire. If they choose to charge your gate, they will catch fire and eventually burn to death, causing lots of !!fun!! if they manage to breach your gate. If they decide to wait the fires out, they will probably get bored after a few weeks of sitting in front of an oil fire. If they decide to somehow put the fire out, they will most likely use water, which makes things much, much, VERY BLOODY MUCH WORSE. Oil is WAY less dense than water, and as such can float on top of it, spreading the fires.

Anyways, any opinions supporting this are greatly accepted. If gunpowder is being chosen instead, never mind.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Better yet... OIL!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:08:55 pm »

If you've read the TAR topic you would've seen the second post  :P

And here I was thinking I wouldn't be able to use this image. Thank you Logrin.

Search first, read a few topics, then build on the idea. This isn't to stifle your creativity, this is so that we can expand on the idea instead of having the same old debates on the same old ideas. If you don't have anything new to add, don't post.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Better yet... OIL!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:11:17 pm »

Grrr... (most likely the last topic started by me)