Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need utility help  (Read 632 times)

Need utility help
« on: June 16, 2007, 10:22:00 am »

Okay, my attempt to create a custom magma complex failed - someone put some crap on the final channel bits (yes, I used the channel-to-flow utility). Is there a utility that will allow me to delete items in a given space?

-Albert

Lord_Daeloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need utility help
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 10:25:00 am »

Not too sure about this, haven't messed with channel to flow much, but couldn't you just use the ore.exe or granite.exe to rewall it then just min it out again?  It'll take some time, but I think its the only way to really fix this.  Unfortunately I think you'll also lose whatever items are on the square...

Edit: Sorry, misread your post.  Still, you should be able to rewall the square and mine it out, not sure if it'll delete the item or just drop it on the ground, but there ya go.

Edit 2: I also just thought of something about this.  There's a very good chance it'll crash your game...  Try setting up a test game and rewalling over an item on the ground and see what happens.

[ June 16, 2007: Message edited by: Lord_Daeloth ]

[ June 16, 2007: Message edited by: Lord_Daeloth ]

Heliopios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 03:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Daeloth:
<STRONG>Edit 2: I also just thought of something about this.  There's a very good chance it'll crash your game...  Try setting up a test game and rewalling over an item on the ground and see what happens.

[ June 16, 2007: Message edited by: Lord_Daeloth ]</STRONG>

It doesnt crash the game, or even do anything to it.

The item just is in a rock, no dwarf even tries to do anything with it.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 06:26:00 pm »

So you can granite.exe over a magma flow (created artifically) without any problems? That's very good.

Truth be known, I'm looking forward to rewalling/unchanneling(?) as much as I am looking forward to a Z-axis.

Er, unchanneling? No more channels, that's right. The world is your channel now!

Edit!

Is there a way to create only *some* lava flow from a lava channel, instead of converting every single space?

[ June 16, 2007: Message edited by: Keiseth ]

Heliopios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 08:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Keiseth:
[QB]
Is there a way to create only *some* lava flow from a lava channel, instead of converting every single space?

flow.exe