Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chain + Melancholy  (Read 410 times)

ReWolf31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chain + Melancholy
« on: July 23, 2007, 10:27:00 pm »

I had a dwarf get possessed (or go fey, i don't remember) whilst chained. And he's stayed chained. Now he's melancholy, but won't give up and die 'cos people keep bringing him food/water. So he's very drowsy and miserable, but not thirsty or hungry. Heh
B@.~~~

And so Alor, a wrestler of renown, found himself between a great boar and the wide river.  For six days they struggled, and as the sun descended behind the hills on the evening of the seventh day, Alor finally collapsed in exhaustion.  The boar s

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chain + Melancholy
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 10:54:00 pm »

They'll usually go crazy if they don't sleep, so once he's released he'll go jump in the river or something.  That's unless he's bugged and never getting released.

Edit:  Oh, so he is bugged.  Lock the room he's in and wait for him to die of thirst.

[ July 23, 2007: Message edited by: Pacho ]

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 04:39:00 am »

He might go bezerk eventually, then either lock the prison or send in troops to cut him down.
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 02:24:00 pm »

Was there a bug here?  Was the issue that he isn't being released from the chain?  Is there a entry for the dwarf on the justice screen with a prison sentence?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

ReWolf31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 04:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>Was there a bug here?  Was the issue that he isn't being released from the chain?  Is there a entry for the dwarf on the justice screen with a prison sentence?</STRONG>

He was once imprisoned, yes. And it seems to be a bug in that they wont release him and yet keep feeding him, and he keeps drinking/eating it, despite being melancholy. (Judging by the fact he's not hungry/thirsty)

B@.~~~

And so Alor, a wrestler of renown, found himself between a great boar and the wide river.  For six days they struggled, and as the sun descended behind the hills on the evening of the seventh day, Alor finally collapsed in exhaustion.  The boar s

roguester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 06:02:00 pm »

In my last fortress I had two dwarves like this, both went insane while chained and remained chained for years while other dwarves brought them food and water.

You can visit them here.