Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What happens in the world...  (Read 664 times)

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What happens in the world...
« on: August 09, 2011, 02:58:38 pm »

if I release HFS and abandon the fortress?

Do the clowns affect the continuation of the world for the next embarks, adventures or whatever?

For instance does the area around my previous embark become more dangerous? Could the clowns kill of civilizations, or take over goblin tribes, etc?

Thanks.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

HUGE_WALRUS

• Bay Watcher
  • What was that, sandvich? Kill them all?
    • View Profile
Re: What happens in the world...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:01:32 pm »

Last I checked, the clowns don't go out into the world, though if you come calling as a reclaim party/adventurer, they'll be about and more than happy to have fun with you.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 03:02:03 pm »

can't kill civilizations, since history for civs completely ceases after world generation. I'm guessing they do exist in the fort though for adventurers, so they could theoretically be dragged around to civilizations manually.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 03:12:02 pm »

Thanks much.

One more related question.

Can I kill off all goblins in a world through a combination of fortress and adventure mode?
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 03:18:59 pm »

Named clowns will form into raiding parties and ambush your adventurers, otherwise it is just as everyone else said.

I don't think it is possible to kill off all the goblins in a vanilla game because you can't access their settlements and kill off the civilians. Maybe if you mod them to build cities you could kill them all in adventure mode but I have never tried it.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 03:40:58 pm »

I don't think the ages of emptiness and death are possible anymore, due to a population rewrite that came with... was it 31.19?

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 03:57:09 pm »

Thank you all.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 06:17:27 am »

If it weren't for ants and demons, someone here would have committed omnicide a long time ago... Back when it would have been still possible...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 10:03:11 am »

I have .31.18
I know what my next megaproject is going to be.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.