Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven Napalm!  (Read 1266 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Napalm!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 08:08:48 am »

Wait, napalm... doesn't ring a bell...O, you mean a sissier version of Lava?

True Dwarves see the potential in ANYTHING, single-minded dwarves only think of magma.. These are sad times we live in.
But yes, you could call it that. OR you could call it artifcially created lava.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 09:46:13 am »

Its only artificial magma IF you can drown in it. ITs a joke. I would LOVE to not have 50+ screwpumps in order to kill a goblin with magma but whats a guy got to do?

astaldaran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 11:04:51 pm »

Its only artificial magma IF you can drown in it. ITs a joke. I would LOVE to not have 50+ screwpumps in order to kill a goblin with magma but whats a guy got to do?

Dig the entire map out so that lava is pooled on the surface... wait...

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 01:50:50 am »

They used boiling oil, not burning, and that was because it held its heat better than water.

The burning pits are pits of pitch, which would be nice to add into the game, once a proper model of a fluid system that allows for more than 2 fluids, modelling miscibility and non-miscibility, as well as reactions between fluids and other fluids and solids (including walls). While we're at it, we could add in support for rudimentry chemistry
Boiling water tended to be a lot more commonplace in practice as it was a lot cheaper. And the pitch ditches couldn't be left filled indefinitely or it would seep into the ground, but when the Army Arc is done there might be a mechanism for receiving advance warning of an attack.

And I personally would lobby for poor quality but high-proof alcohol as an alternative incendiary weapon if there was no readily available source of pitch.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 03:30:44 pm »

Wait, napalm... doesn't ring a bell...O, you mean a sissier version of Lava?

The advantage would be that you could carry it around and stockpile it, since you can't carry magma in buckets or anything.
Gold is for the mistress– silver for the maid–
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
‘Good!’ said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
‘But iron– cold iron– is ruler of them all’.
Pages: 1 [2]