Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bloodline Champions - Fast Paced PvP Arena  (Read 1080 times)

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bloodline Champions - Fast Paced PvP Arena
« on: August 05, 2011, 10:54:31 am »

Bloodline Champions* is a team based PvP MMO where two teams of up to five players on each side battle it out on various arenas. Gameplay in Bloodline Champions is fast paced and the controls are very similar to those found in a FPS. Besides being team oriented, the game is also highly skill based. There are no critical hits, minimum/maximum damage ranges, or other random elements. Each hero (called a champion) has its unique set of skills and victory is determined by proper teamwork and execution. While the game will be free to play, free users will only have access to 4 heroes at a time. Access to the full set of features and hero roster will require one-time purchases and a premium subscription. You can still get them much easier that way, but can now be unlocked with money won from games. ~mmohut
*Using this, my Ref link, will start you off with 5,000 bloodcoins.

Bolded Bloodlines are currently Free!

Healing Champions - Alchemist, Psychopomp, Herald, Astronomer, Blood Priest, Grimrog

Ranged Champions - Igniter, Gunner, Nomad, Engineer, Seeker

Tank Champions - Glutton, Vanguard, Inhibitor, Thorn, Guardian

Melee Champions - Harbinger, Spear Master, Ranid Assassin, Ravener, Stalker, Reaver 

Spoiler: Player List (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:04:30 pm by Rebecca Black »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodline Champions - Fast Paced PvP Arena
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 11:05:27 am »

I have a 2nd level account, played it for a bit, might try to play it again who knows. was pretty interesting.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 11:16:45 am »

I decided to make an account.  I was gonna be Cfoofoo but that's taken so now I'm SquidBlub, just like LoL.

I can't decide whether or not I like the art style.  It completes the style trifecta with LoL and HoN

LoL is cartoony
HoN is gritty
BC is fucked up
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 01:39:36 pm »

I played some games against bots (luckily you can take any champ in there, not just the ones that are free) and i must say even though i have very little to no idea what the hell is going on most of the time i was having quite a bit of fun.

I am Djoze on the EU server, give me a shout if someone wants a few games.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 02:35:29 pm »

It turns out I'm Cfoofoo, not SquidBlub.  I'm willing to play a few games with people here before I start playing with other people.
Shoes...

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 03:04:00 pm »

If anyone wants some easy bloodcoins at the cost of some time:

-Go into single player and play each bloodline once with unlimited energy, health, and no cooldowns. Each one gets you 150 coins.
-Do the same thing 10 times with each bloodline on a map 10 times. You get coins for the bloodlinex10 and the mapx10. Repeat with all maps/bloodlines.
-Add a buddy(me :3)
-Join a team
-Join a clan

If you used my ref link, this should put you around enough to get a bloodline.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 05:11:44 pm »

Jopax should join me and Rebecca Luckyzontalspade so we can 3v3.
Shoes...

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 05:21:58 pm »

First, you should clearly state you are gathering referals. It is not nice to hide that as some disinterested generosity.

As for the game itself, I just happen to have tried it a couple of days ago.
The lag is horrible. I think it is that the servers are in europe.
The game itself was ok, but to buy the first hero you need 17k points, and I get like 28 per win. Just too low. Its like they are trying just too hard to tempt you to spend real money for points.
Plus, there seemed to be sooo little people. I spent more time trying get to a game that start, than playing the game itself.

Conlcusion; I uninstalled it yesterday.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 04:47:11 pm »

Yeah, the population seems to be quite small, sadly. I stopped playing because my pc lags even on lowest details, and lag is not really acceptable in such a game.

Apart from that, this is the best pvp arena game I've ever played, and will heartily laugh in the face of everyone suggesting otherwise. Especially compared to all the dota-likes. WASD movement and mouse aiming - best inventions in the arena genre.

I also like the game world, though information about it is, I think, only on the website. It's still really interesting.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 05:26:47 pm »

Except BC isn't really a MOBA in the general sense. There's no farming or last hitting or laning of any sort, its more a pvp arcadey mmo thing then a MOBA. The kind of skills involved in the gameplay are quite different. Its less about strategy and more about keypressing skill.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 05:36:42 pm »

Yeah, but those are the main competitors, including in pricing model. So, true, they aren't the same. We have nothing else to compare it to, however, unless I'm severely out of date with microtransaction pvp games :>

And I disagree - it's not about keypressing skill, it's about quick thinking. As far as strategy? Play against the right team (including inhibitor) and tell me it doesn't require strategy :)

Also wtf does MOBA even mean, I thought the term was dota-like or dota-clone or what have you.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 06:21:25 pm »

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. DotA clone is a fine as a definition since the structure tend to be same.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 06:52:55 pm »

Brilliant game, tons of fun with friends and definitely very competitive. Wish I didn't have 400 ms on the servers, but even with that I can muck about with friends
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 07:42:05 pm »

I can't say I like it all that much.  I like the art style, it's different and cool, and the gameplay is pretty fun, but no one plays it and like Krelian said they're much more upfront about wanting your money than League of Legends, who's subtle about it (Sure, the champs are easy to get but you have to spend IP for runes, so how will you get champs and runes...?)

It's still pretty fun, though.
Shoes...

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 08:04:04 pm »

I thought the Ref link was ok since it really benefits you more than me, but I guess I can change it.
I also never have any lag, don't know why.
17k isn't too much when you start with 5k, can get another 10k through achievements in 1-2 days, and still get 600 per day from Ladder Matches.

Anyway, comparing prices of League and BC.

To get every champion currently in LoL using RP:
No way it's less than 200$, then there's still runes and maybe even skins you might want.

Get every bloodline in BC forever, even the ones that aren't released:
80$ That also lets you get extra bloodcoins to buy skins that cost money in LoL.

Sure there's the difference that LoL is more popular, you might like it better, and you can spend the money in small amounts, but it's still less money for more content.