Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Butcher shop full of bones  (Read 971 times)

Taeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Butcher shop full of bones
« on: July 18, 2007, 02:39:00 pm »

My butcher shop has become over cluttered with rotten horse chunks, and various other horse pieces. Its sitting adjacent to a refuse pile, whats the deal? Also, I noticed when I tried to make the refuse pile only accept bones and skin, is that the list of possible garbage includes everything from corpses to anvils to globs. I seem to remember dwarves putting kobold limbs in the refuse pile, so it at least partially works. Which is broken, the butcher shop or the refuse pile?  :(

ktrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Butcher shop full of bones
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »

Is your butcher shop outdoors by any chance? If so, then you'll need to enable outdoor refuse hauling in the
  • rders menu.

I make several different custom stockpiles for refuse. Immediately next to the butcher shop, I place a refuse pile set to only accept corpses (limbs and chunks generate too many hauling tasks, I'll create a temporary limb pile outdoors if I need to clean up a chasm/well attack). Then I have bone and shell stockpiles indoors (to prevent them from rotting away with the changing of seasons). I then make a larger-than-I-think-I'll-need refuse pile that is set to accept remains/rotten food/skulls/etc. I used to make a pile for untanned skins, but I got tired of the workshop robbing that occurs when you have that pile.

The items might be tasked to be moved, and you may not have enough refuse haulers.

trey cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: Interrupted by Message Board.

Taeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Butcher shop full of bones
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 03:40:00 pm »

ah, there we go, perfect