Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 33b - Never ending meeting  (Read 382 times)

Slumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
33b - Never ending meeting
« on: November 24, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »

My mayor is permanently stuck on the "conduct meeting" job.   It's been going on for years.

It started with a human merchant princess who came to visit, like normal.

A couple of seasons later, my butcher dwarf, with no social skills, got pulled into the meeting with the "attend meeting" job.  I drafted him into the military and he wandered off to do some sparring but he kept coming back.  I then drafted my mayor but when I undrafted him, they all went back to the office.

A year later, the rather stoic merchant princess and her two guards still haven't starved or gone mad.  The dwarves are still on the conduct/attend meeting jobs.

Another year later and I've run out of patience.  I lured the merchant into my Chamber of Death, dropped her into some lava and she turns to ash.  The guards leave, as expected.

I think the butcher dwarf was freed but the Mayor is still on the "conduct meeting" job, in his office, by himself.  I think he's lost the plot!

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 33b - Never ending meeting
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 01:51:00 pm »

About those meetings...in my game they end all right, but the liasons never leave, and just die somewhere on the deeper levels of my dungeon, one after another...

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 05:50:00 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=001969
I've got the same problem. Imaginary meetings what?
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 11:50:00 pm »

I've had a similar problem, but I imagine it has something to do with the fact that I decided I no longer liked my mayor, and sent him into the spike trap room along with my broker and had the hammerer pull the lever on repeat. Adil Zasitfesh, Mayor has been impaled on a spike. Hehe.

ssorion

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 01:47:00 am »

same problem here. Happened after both human diplomat and merchant prince showed up at once. Neither of them want to leave now, tho both Countess and Broker dont have any labor turned on.
Can upload save if needed.