Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Battles for the world  (Read 1100 times)

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
  • In my other pants, theres a secret~
    • View Profile
Battles for the world
« on: September 20, 2011, 12:09:56 pm »

Just wondering if anyone has had an adventure that seemed to be more than just another quest, one that affected a nation or the world. Not looking for a fight with wolves unless these wolves are 12 feet tall and command nations. I'll start:

Some time ago I made a human swordsman just to test a world. I accidently spawned him in a nation that covered an isolated continent. So I head to a nearby fort and talk to the lord there about his family. Nearly all of them had been killed by a dragon, the same dragon the lord worshipped. Visiting other forts had the same results. This dragon had attacked the nation and subjugated them after many,many battles. I recruited soldiers and pushed my way up the monster list, slaying bandits and minataurs who I can only imagine were the dragons servants. Eventually the queen of the nation decided it was time to rebel and sent my swordsman and his scarred and crippled band to the home of her god. The dragon was confronted and battle joined. Several of my warriors were missing shield arms and burned away in the first blast of dragon-fire.  The rest moved in and hammered away at the scales. Several more were ripped apart by teeth and claw. Finally the dragon's throat was hurt bad enough that it collapsed long enough for someone to cut it's head off. I moved into it's cave and among the gold coins and other treasure I found three dragon eggs. I picked them up, and headed back to the capital to report the successful kill of the last monster plauging that nation. With nothing else to kill I retired the swordsman at the capital with what was left of his soldiers and the three eggs he would keep watch over to ensure a dragon-god never rose again.
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battles for the world
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 04:23:49 pm »

Wow. That's just... Epic.

As for the treasures and other useless crap, did you keep the coins, use the weapons and armor, adorn yourself with the rings and amulets, and did you sell all else?

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
  • In my other pants, theres a secret~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 04:48:27 pm »

By the time I got the quest to kill the dragon my guy was already covered in jewelry with a steel 2-handed sword covered in some kind of jewels. I did take the gold coins, a few jewels, and a nice figurine but I left any armor and weapons that wern't steel. And yea it was cool to have a throw away adventurer turn out so badass. I'm sure theres a few more stories like this one if people want to share though.
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:17:57 pm »

You should read Cocoprimate's adventure with a dwarf1 from an older version.

Reminder from that story: Claim that lair as your own, and hoard everything. Stockpile all your stuff in other chests, and place them in large sections of the lair. Butcher the dragon (and its offspring, if any) and feed on the meat. Don't forget to lick the blood coating on stuff for extra protein.

1He used a steel dwarf from *sighs* Genesis. I thought it to be rather painfully anti-climactic once I found out about it.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 04:30:08 am »

The Conflict of the Universe surely pleases Armok.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.