Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Favorite Enemy  (Read 2739 times)

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Enemy
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 06:40:23 pm »

[PREFERRED_ENEMY:BOGEYMEN]
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 11:53:48 pm »

I am partial to purging human forts. 's always fun to shake guards around by their throats after strangling them, more so if right in front of a group of other moribund mortals.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 02:28:40 am »

@NRDL

You can't do it in df2010 (which is a shame) but you can do it in previous versions via wrestling.

That's it.  I'm getting 40d now, just so I can go hitman on everybody. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2011, 09:23:20 pm »

Unmodded, I would have to say wolves.  Big enough sword can chop those right in half,  also they are numerous, yet still large enough to be dangerous in those numbers.

Modded, just about anything with metal equivalent skin or scales.  it really makes you think about your strikes.  Aim for a hard to hit but generally nonvital bit like eyes or toes with the knowledge that the superskin does not protect them or is too small to gain significant  protection from it there?  Or try for a lucky strike on one of the more typically targeted spots, with the risk that it will just glance away uselessly? 

It adds a whole new level of care and strategy.  And a ton of pride and awesome if you manage to defeat one without godmetal.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2011, 09:49:45 pm »

Them... And bogeymen... Get a really god dodging skill and anything goes down. (Remember your =cotton candy battle axe=)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2011, 10:10:56 pm »

Them... And bogeymen... Get a really god
dodging skill and anything goes down. (Remember your =cotton candy battle axe=)
The Rawness of Rocks... Why can't I get a cool name like that? All I get is something like "The Balls of Sacking" or "The Squirting Wave of Climax"
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2011, 10:42:01 pm »

Them... And bogeymen... Get a really god
dodging skill and anything goes down. (Remember your =cotton candy battle axe=)
The Rawness of Rocks... Why can't I get a cool name like that? All I get is something like "The Balls of Sacking" or "The Squirting Wave of Climax"

That's not even the best... look in the "funniest names" thread and see the funniest name for a civilization.... It also sort of fits into the theme of the names you seem to be getting...  :o
Pages: 1 2 [3]