Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: So I was looking at my unsent gifts....  (Read 3699 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: So I was looking at my unsent gifts....
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2011, 04:20:40 pm »

Cool! My steam name is also the same as my username. I'm universal, baby!

Thank you for the gift, Theo!
On second thought, not that I don't like winning, but isn't 3d8 statistically imbalanced? I can't rightly accept my gift knowing that it was unfairly balanced... Though I'd really want to...

For 21 people, you'll need to re-roll D: *sob* *sob*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2011, 04:26:07 pm »

Gratz to the winnars  :D

And many thanks to Theodolus for his (I'm assuming) generosity.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2011, 04:32:42 pm »

On second thought, not that I don't like winning, but isn't 3d8 statistically imbalanced? I can't rightly accept my gift knowing that it was unfairly balanced... Though I'd really want to...

Actually it should be pretty well balanced. With 3d8 there are 22 unique numbers that can come up. The dice should have a completely even chance of rolling any of those 22 numbers, and the idea has always been that I would discard any numbers that weren't assigned. Besides, I really don't feel like assigning 21 people 4 numbers a piece and rolling a d100 like I did for Plain Sight. :)
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2011, 04:38:14 pm »

Actually it should be pretty well balanced. With 3d8 there are 22 unique numbers that can come up. The dice should have a completely even chance of rolling any of those 22 numbers, and the idea has always been that I would discard any numbers that weren't assigned. Besides, I really don't feel like assigning 21 people 4 numbers a piece and rolling a d100 like I did for Plain Sight. :)
While I KNOW arguing will make me lose the prize, I just had to bring it up.

Take, for instance, the number 3. It has one way of being rolled: 1,1,1. Now, take 4. It has 3 ways of being rolled: 1,1,2; 1,2,1; and 2,1,1. What that means is, while everyone technically has a shot, these shots are not all equal.

So, that means numbers like 13 and 14 have the best shot to get rolled, as they have a multitude of ways to get rolled. So, it was unfairly balanced.

I just felt if I complained over a loser, it would seem like the loser was sore, whereas I feel like I won unfairly... Though, if you don't want to reroll... >.> I guess I can't argue there.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2011, 04:51:39 pm »

Hm. I suppose that's true. I always forget about there being multiple ways to add stuff up. I shouldn't forget that, but it's been a long time since I played craps... or Catan for that matter.

Well, I suppose I should re-roll then, then, shouldn't I? Fine, I'll do a d100 but I'm not going to bother assigning more than one number to each person. They get the number that's currently assigned and I'll just keep rolling until I come up with one that is aces.

Edit: And the re-roll comes up with Krellian as a winner. I'm really sorry about that webadict. :( I hate dashing hopes like that. I'll add you as a friend on Steam though, and you might have something cool coming your way a little down the line. /Ifeelterribleaboutitall....
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:07:40 pm by Theodolus »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2011, 05:21:19 pm »

Hm. I suppose that's true. I always forget about there being multiple ways to add stuff up. I shouldn't forget that, but it's been a long time since I played craps... or Catan for that matter.

Well, I suppose I should re-roll then, then, shouldn't I? Fine, I'll do a d100 but I'm not going to bother assigning more than one number to each person. They get the number that's currently assigned and I'll just keep rolling until I come up with one that is aces.

Edit: And the re-roll comes up with Krellian as a winner. I'm really sorry about that webadict. :( I hate dashing hopes like that. I'll add you as a friend on Steam though, and you might have something cool coming your way a little down the line. /Ifeelterribleaboutitall....
Oh well... I figured I'd lose...

At least I get good karma somewhere...

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2011, 05:37:30 pm »

Krelian already won something I believe, besides if you WANT to think of it in a way, it is technically random that he had chosen that dice and put you as that number.

Edit: never mind, I looked and saw it was edited, threw me off.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:39:31 pm by Tyler6498 »
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2011, 05:43:55 pm »

Why so he has. Fine, we'll just go back to the original winner. Sorry for the confusion everyone. And congrats, once again, webadict!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2011, 05:52:31 pm »

what did Krelian win. . .  I am confused greatly.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2011, 05:58:51 pm »

--snip--
And finally, the Aaron Spelling award for implausible plotlines:
The winner is Krelian [/center]

I had to dig for that for a couple minutes, but that makes me think he won a copy of Starfarer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2011, 06:32:01 pm »

... Karma!

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2011, 11:24:02 am »

Whee! Thanks, Theo!
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2011, 11:49:17 am »

Congratz winners.
Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]