Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Any Good Dragon Games?  (Read 25179 times)

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
Re: Any Good Dragon Games?
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2011, 12:32:35 am »

Mean the Spyro games, Greiger?  You play as a dragon in them, so +1 there. Haha.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2011, 01:03:04 am »

I don't remember Spyro ever devouring orcs, or any kind of orc assembly line thing

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2011, 02:28:16 am »

A game where you collect dragon eggs and devour orcs, involving a fairy?  Why, if there was such a game for the PS1, I never heard of it.  However, it does remind me of a certain PS2 game I own, who's name escapes me.  There's quite a bit I remember, though it's not helping me track it down.  The most important details are probably that the dragon's name was Cael, and that it had a 3d0 logo on the box(interesting because I learned 3d0 went bankrupt shortly after I got it).

Ah found it.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Rage
Is this the one you were talking about?  It was quite fun for me, though the breath attacks were all the same iirc, and I got stuck a few times.  Still, picking up a rock, shooting fireballs, and then dropping the rock on a wagonload of orcs is fun.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2011, 09:41:32 pm »

Yea actually that's it.  PS1 and PS2 games kinda blend together for me.

And I dunno, I did manage to play it all the way through and replay a couple stages.  So I guess it must not have been that bad.  I just keep getting this feeling of being underwhelmed whenever I think back on it.

Anyway it's an old PS2 game, so it can't be expensive, probably worth whatever it's going for by now.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2011, 02:34:11 pm »

bump.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2011, 03:26:49 pm »

unfortunately all the ones i know of are said already, but...in my opinion one reason why dragons are rarely used because its the idea that dragons are powerful massive beasts, which makes it hard to show that kind of power but remain fun...plus the fact most major companies wont touch new game ideas unless they know it will sell and most indie companies will have a hard time doing the game the justice it deserves.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2011, 05:02:34 pm »

in Mail Order Monsters you could put fire breath on a Pterosaur.  You might have even been able to put wings and firebreath on a T-Rex, but I'm not sure that morph supported wings.

Rhazak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2011, 08:53:24 pm »

Well, in Dwarf Fortress: Genesis Mod you can play as a dragon adventurer, although you can't fly but you can shoot fire projectiles, pretty fun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
picture: broke into a fortress, killed the king and killed about 30 soldiers by grabbing and throwing them into the forts walls :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]