Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Infinite Eating/Resting loop for the Injured.  (Read 1558 times)

Keizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Proving dwarven motorcycle gangs are yankees too.
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite Eating/Resting loop for the Injured.
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »

Heads up: the godlike Rick has updated Heal.exe for 33c. It's on the wiki. Rejoice!
火族

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 10:24:00 pm »

This bug doesn't seem to be occuring in my aboveground fort, although I started it on 33c. Another person with an aboveground fort mentioned on IRC that it wasn't happening to him either. In mine, the beds are in a constructed building outdoors, and the booze and food are in stockpiles belowground. The resting dwarves stay in bed without getting up.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

schm0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 11:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Align:
<STRONG>http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=002165  seems to have found a solution</STRONG>

This bug has nothing to do with engraving.

Check out the movie and pictures I posted on page 1.

schm0
-------------
Nuk: lol schm0, u r da funnay
Nuk: i lik u

Scotty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 12:37:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Fire Tempest:
<STRONG>Mine are a little bit dumber.
"Cancel sleep, resting wound"
Wish I could tell a hammerdwarf to tap these two on the head.</STRONG>

that must have been what happened to my dwarf that went insane while trying to recover, i had noticed she was always extremely drowsy....

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 12:56:00 am »

This is fixed for the next version now, I think.  The test dwarf stopped dancing around anyway.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Scotty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »

i just had another dwarf get injured, a minor right hand injury even, one would think that a hand injury wouldn't prevent anyone for doing basic things like eating or drinkin but just a moment ago i started getting that cancel drink loop, but it only went on for 41 times until someone brought the dwarf some water, still a little annoying that they get like that even with such a minor injury

TomTheHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2007, 04:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Scotty:
<STRONG>i just had another dwarf get injured, a minor right hand injury even, one would think that a hand injury wouldn't prevent anyone for doing basic things like eating or drinkin but just a moment ago i started getting that cancel drink loop, but it only went on for 41 times until someone brought the dwarf some water, still a little annoying that they get like that even with such a minor injury</STRONG>

When you say "minor", what color are you talking about?

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 11:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Scotty:
<STRONG>i just had another dwarf get injured, a minor right hand injury even, one would think that a hand injury wouldn't prevent anyone for doing basic things like eating or drinkin but just a moment ago i started getting that cancel drink loop, but it only went on for 41 times until someone brought the dwarf some water, still a little annoying that they get like that even with such a minor injury</STRONG>

Was this in the "fixed" 33d version that Toady posted about a few minutes before you did?

If the bug is still around in some form or another, assign all available beds to dwarves or deconstruct them. This allows the dwarf only the single choice of eating/drinking, as he will not pursue an empty bed to rest because there isn't one available.

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 12:54:00 am »

check post dates genuine. what you quoted was posted on the 28th. the new version to fix it came out on the 30th
Pages: 1 2 [3]