Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Easily Offended Elves  (Read 447 times)

Underwhelmed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Easily Offended Elves
« on: July 15, 2007, 06:26:00 pm »

I understand that the elves are tree hugger environmentalists, but I think this is going too far:

[ July 15, 2007: Message edited by: Underwhelmed ]

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Easily Offended Elves
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 06:48:00 pm »

It is possible the roast may have animal meat as a component.   Otherwise, those elves have gone too far.

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 06:52:00 pm »

Yeah, I have noticed that same thing. It is probably meat or fat or fish as a component. Don't sell clear or crystal glass either, as you need wood to make that.

'Course the elves suck, no matter how you put it.

ryak2002

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Computerdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 01:25:00 am »

mugs are the solution to all problems
Dwarf: Excuse me, sir.  This !!x cave spider silk tunic x!! is on fire.<BR>Store Clerk: Oh, how about half price?<BR>Dwarf: deal!

Lokum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 02:17:00 am »

I just steal from the elves. Nothing bad happens and all you get might just bee a tree cut limit which usually is above 100 ( not as if you cut more than that ).

Best trading commidity is mugs>gold coins>weapons( hopefully you get a legendary weaponsmith and that solves every trading problem )

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 07:17:00 am »

I never trade with the elves at all,  all they ever bring are seeds, and small amounts of them too.  The humans are the way to go.  Unfortunately I forgot to trade with the last caravan and then the next one came a few minutes before a goblin siege started.  :confused:
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Ravendas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 07:31:00 am »

Anyone else use the traders as mobile chasms? I find that after goblin attacks, they leave behind such ridiculous amounts of clothing, armor, and weapons, that I just load up all the caravans to the brim with their junk, sending it back to the human/dwarven/elven kingdoms. Net effect? They are happier with me and won't ever declare war on me, and I have a much cleaner, faster fort.

Honestly, I have never once been unable to purchase every single thing from the trader. Maybe something needs to be changed, it just seems too easy.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 07:53:00 am »

Solution: Metal items.

If you take care of them, some things can get worth a LOT of goods (Create something, then stud them as much as possible)

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks