Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pickup Equipment Bug  (Read 778 times)

PhantomZero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Pickup Equipment Bug
« on: July 12, 2007, 02:14:00 am »

One of my dwarves went fey and made an awesome maple crossbow, so I assigned him to use a crossbow in the military screen and activated his squad to make him into a marksdwarf.  However, he went to "pickup equipment" the equipment in question being "(Iron Crossbow)".

He is literally running in circles(squares) in my stockpile area stopping over the iron bow, switching to Soldiering job moving away, then back to pickup equipment. I guess hes trying to pickup a better bow but he doesn't want to part with his masterpeice.

Edit: I told him to use two weapons and now he is dual-wielding crossbows. He is also trying to pick-up a third crossbow.

[ July 12, 2007: Message edited by: PhantomZero ]

[ July 12, 2007: Message edited by: PhantomZero ]

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Pickup Equipment Bug
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 04:12:00 am »

Interesting.
It seems the maple crossbow was not treated as an equipment.
Hmm, what if you let him hunt?
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

PhantomZero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 09:50:00 am »

Alright so I told him to go hunt, and I get an job cancellation saying he can't hunt because there is no ammo(there is ammo) and he just goes off and hunts anyways. Then once he finds something to kill, the job is cancelled because he has no ammo and he runs back to "Pickup equipment". I also notice that my other hunter is hunting without any ammo in his inventory and he appears to be shooting bolts( the unicorns get bloodied from a distance but there are no bolts to be seen flying) but I do not get the same error messages.

Lokum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 12:05:00 pm »

try going 'unarmed'.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 03:50:00 pm »

I think this is basically Bug 157.  They get a bit confused when there's an artifact involved.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!