Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: new armor settings?  (Read 465 times)

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
new armor settings?
« on: October 26, 2006, 04:38:00 pm »

have an immigrant sword dwarf.. seems that he came with both a coat and chain armor (good thing too!)

thing is.. i forged a steel plate armor.. now he has all 3 on the upper body.

not complaining.. as i seem to recall reading somewhere about chain being worn under plate in real life.

if this is normal (might be temp. effect for all i know) .. shouldn't armor stands be able to stack both plate and chain (leaving the coat in bins) - no idea if that's possible yet..

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
Re: new armor settings?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 04:46:00 pm »

This is a bug, and a known one, I believe, because I've read before about dwarves equipping multiple shields and had one such event happen to me (which, I understand, multiplies the speed that they gain skill as a Shield User).

EDIT: Capntastic IMed me and informed me that I'm wrong and dumb.

[ October 26, 2006: Message edited by: Seryntas ]

"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 04:04:00 am »

also noticed the same character is wearing silk gloves + gaunlets (by default when arrived).. which sounds ok..

leather trousers and steel greaves.. the chain leggings he arrived with got dumped somewhere (why?)

i suppose the oddest one is cap + helm. (default when arrived as well) guess it could be some sort of balaclava

------
different dwarf.. one of the original 7 (from previous version)

.... just noticed that he has on him... a damaged shirt, a pair of damaged trousers, 2 damanged shoes..  plus a new shirt, and a new pair of trousers. a civilian with military skills.

[ October 27, 2006: Message edited by: bbb ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 07:08:00 pm »

Yeah, there are some oddities with layering, though most of what you described is intended.  I guess they aren't dropping damaged clothing but just layering new stuff on top, which is sort of odd.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 07:28:00 pm »

The cave is cold (until the magma is reached) and the dwarves are very thrifty. They just keep the tattered rags on underneat the shiny armor, I guess.