Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Military leader from start?  (Read 2768 times)

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
Re: Military leader from start?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 01:08:16 pm »

So each Captain of a squad should get some organizer skill?

I never knew that.  TIL.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Utaelilya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 02:39:47 pm »

I set up my first militia captain by picking the highest agility dwarf I can find (this is rather important!) and assigning him 5 teaching, 4 fighting, 1 organizer (You can avoid this last skill by making him a manager and doing work orders). 

I then gear him out by giving him at least a metal helmet, a leather/wood shield, leather robe/dress, leather mittens/gloves, leather high boots, and a wooden training weapon (axe/spear/sword).
I pick the type of weapon based upon what I want my squad to use.

I then have him attack the local wildlife (preferably weak ones at first) until he gets a decent amount of fighting skills. 
-Having him use a wooden weapon allows him to train(torture) on his victims for a greater amount of time before they die. 
-The reason why high agility is important is because he will chase critters around endlessly without fighting otherwise. 
-Having points in organization reduces the amount of time it takes him to organize training sessions.

I also typically have butcher and tanner skills on other dwarves when I embark to take advantage of my military kills.  I hope this helps.
What does organizer help with?
Read what's highlighted in red.  If you don't have points in it, a bunch of your militia wait around doing nothing waiting for training sessions.
Ohh didnt get that small part :3
My bad!
Well thats acctualy very good to have then? since i dont belive in the danger room :P

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 03:22:09 pm »

So each Captain of a squad should get some organizer skill?

I never knew that.  TIL.

You don't have to give them the skill, they will actually train up in it.  However, I notice the trainees sit around waiting forever if you don't have any.
Pages: 1 2 [3]