Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noble requires a weaponrack  (Read 410 times)

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Noble requires a weaponrack
« on: November 23, 2007, 07:44:00 pm »

I built a room from a weapon rack. the noble recognises that he has an armour stand, but does not notice the weapon rack itself. The reverse is true if I use the armour stand for the room.

No weapon racks

Freddybear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noble requires a weaponrack
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 08:30:00 pm »

That would be correct behavior.

Nobles rooms are defined from a table(dining room), a chair or throne(office) and a bed(quarters).

Then just b(uild) the armor stand and weapon rack in one of those rooms. The chests and cabinets are the same, just b(uild) them in one of the noble's rooms and he'll recognize them as his.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
Re: Noble requires a weaponrack
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 11:09:00 pm »

The problem is because you're trying to assign both objects to the same room. I noticed that when you set a room, everything in the room is then assigned to only one object.

I noticed that when I gave, in an very early game, a seat in my dining hall to my leader (for him to count stuff since I didn't build him a room for that yet). All the dwarves stopped eating at the dining hall 'cause all the tables and the thrones were assigned to the leader.

For your leader to recognize the stuff, just build them and don't assing a room from them. Just assign the bed, and everything built in the same room will automatically be owned by the assigned dwarf.

I am on a hot streak... literally.