Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Managing my hospital  (Read 849 times)

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Managing my hospital
« on: August 06, 2011, 09:26:24 am »

I have set up my first hospital.  To do this I read the wiki and learned all the materials you need--beds, tables, cabinets & chests.  I have thread and cloth and made some splints, crutches and even some soap.  But when I go to the (H)ospital screen in the zone, it lists only the furniture, thread and cloth (oh and 1 of the many buckets I made).  It shows that I'm lacking the other supplies.  My doctor knows where they are--he dashes to the stockpile to get them.  But do I need to have them in the hospital proper?  How should I do this?  The wiki says they just get put in the cabinets, but that doesn't seem to happen.  Is this just a straight-forward "make a special stockpile in the hospital" thing?

Thanks!
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

Captain Insano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Managing my hospital
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 10:20:19 am »

Use containers, not cabinets. Bags or chests work fine. B-F
"Welcome to the fort, Migrants" *SLAM* "Welcome to the fort, Migrants" *SLAM* "Welcome to the fort, Migrants" *SLAM*

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 12:01:16 pm »

b-f builds a cabinet.
b-h builds a coffer  ;)
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 12:40:28 pm »

The idiot doctor will still get stuff from other stockpiles. The items you reserve for the hospital, if not stored in chests/coffer/bag inside the hospital, are still reserved for hospital only use. The stuff stored inside the hospital is for convenience.
 Beware reserving too much of any items. Can interfere with the items non medical use(A moody dwarf needs silk cloth, but its reserved for the hospital). Also, chests/coffers bags can only hold so much
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration