Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embarassingly clumsy  (Read 417 times)

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embarassingly clumsy
« on: July 04, 2007, 10:44:00 pm »

Ok, so this happened in an old mod of mine that made dragons into the fortress civ... and i'm wondering how these dragons are smart enough to make complex machinery and buildings... and dumb enough to keep falling on their face in the muddied hallways... Seriously, every time he goes over the hallways muddy part, he keeps suddenly going into on-the-ground mode and slowing to a stop, getting up, walking, falling, repeating over and over, and its slowing things down. Any solutions?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embarassingly clumsy
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 12:29:00 pm »

Keep them out of the mud?

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 07:39:00 pm »

I don't see how this is a bug because dragons aren't really supposed to be running forts the same way dwarves do.  Their large size or something may have something to do with it.

Jeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 07:54:00 pm »

Dwarves are [STOUT].  I think I read something about that tag making you less likely to fall down.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 08:51:00 pm »

That could be it. Thanks :P
Although, after manipulating the tiles with mud.exe, i found out that the guy trips even if it isnt muddy... i guess its a fluke since it only happens by the river? or maybe its a flag. Also, I anthro'd the dragons, giving them about the same size and shape as humans.

[ July 05, 2007: Message edited by: AlanL ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 12:21:00 am »

Are you using a bunch of utilities?  A residual unit occupancy flag will cause them to jump on the ground even if nobody else is there.  I'm not sure if things like teleport handle that or not.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 11:54:00 am »

Yeah, come to think of it, even though i didnt teleport things around there it couldve been the utilities. I thought since i didnt really use any utils around there except mud.exe eventually and it also only happened after the flood and near the river, i thought it was a genuine bug. It very well couldve been some weird messup with a utility though (especially since it first happened on the first game i used utils with), and I know that its generally considered bad practice to post reports from modded/hacked games, so sorry if I wasted your time.
Although come to think of it, it might indicate a bug within a util, rather than within the game.

[ July 06, 2007: Message edited by: AlanL ]