Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just taking a swim!  (Read 411 times)

Battleguy01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just taking a swim!
« on: July 04, 2007, 05:38:00 pm »

Okay I told my dwarf to go and make a channel from the outside river, so i take a look at him and he is saying 'construct building' so i'm happy, and start watching all my other dwarves actions, then a while later i look back and see that he is standing in the middle of the river and can't move. What the hell is this? Can i fix it?
OH DUDE ! You just copied and pasted the spambot's links !!! YOU LAZY A** !" ~Blob

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Just taking a swim!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 05:53:00 pm »

Not a bug. Dwarves that get stuck in a channel flood get sucked into the river and drown.

Tips on how to avoid this unfortunet event: http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=000947

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Battleguy01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 10:25:00 pm »

Thanks i'll do that next time, but i have another question, how long does it take for someone to drown?
OH DUDE ! You just copied and pasted the spambot's links !!! YOU LAZY A** !" ~Blob

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 12:25:00 am »

Not very long.  Should only be a minute or so, max, if he is actually drowning.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 12:32:00 am »

The amount of time is based off of their stats... A 'strong' and 'tough' dwarf will probably live longer then one that isn't.

Battleguy01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 01:00:00 am »

Haha, now this was funny, he was in the middle of the river and WASN'T drowning he was standing there, then he went to sleep, so later a built a brige over to him and he's as right as rain, he was somehow standing on a rock which protected him.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 01:27:00 am »

If a dwarf (or any creature, really) doesn't have a blue background, it isn't in the water...

Now, if he was sleeping with a blue background instead of a brown one...  :eek:

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 12:12:00 pm »

If you make your dwarves fliers they will occasionally get stuck in the river or the chasm without being able to move.  Ironically even with flight some dwarves will still fall in the chasm.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!