Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Becoming leader of a civ?  (Read 2190 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Becoming leader of a civ?
« on: August 02, 2011, 11:49:01 pm »

As the title states, is there a way to become leader of a civ in adventurer mode?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Becoming leader of a civ?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 12:05:44 am »

there the long way and the easy way
the long way pretty much spending time building up a likable character with enough good stats that would elect them into office and stick them in to fort mode and wait for the dwarfs to do so.
the easy way
Body swap(Dfusion or other means) a royal member.
Though from work on the Easy way there no real perks in being a leader of a civ in adventurer mode other than easy chance to start a loyalty crusade.
I guess one could reap the rewards in fort mode where if one reach the right fort caps the "Adventurer" could come over to the site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 12:57:07 am »

I can't wait for the day when we our adventurers can actually take power and lead an entire civilization as its ruler!  :D

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 10:05:15 am »

If you kill every other member of your civ do you become the leader by default?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 12:18:13 pm »

If you kill every other member of your civ do you become the leader by default?
No. At that point you're not even considered a member of the civ anymore for any purposes other than dwarf mode loyalty cascades.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 12:39:26 pm »

Right now it's impossible to become a leader and have any power. I hope to see in later releases, the ability to gain enough fame to become a noble. Then you have to work your way to become King.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 01:42:28 pm »

Pretty much this, I guess this boils down to legend mode research and getting lucky on a election.
Though the second part is if you have jump over the now easy hoop of getting the adventurer into fort mode.
I haven't play enough fort mode to know what's so great about being a king other than mandates and what not(being a king with an adventurer would lead to no mandates for the lack of item interest adventurers have.)
"body swapping and YOU!"

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 02:59:43 am »

Pretty much this, I guess this boils down to legend mode research and getting lucky on a election.
Though the second part is if you have jump over the now easy hoop of getting the adventurer into fort mode.
I haven't play enough fort mode to know what's so great about being a king other than mandates and what not(being a king with an adventurer would lead to no mandates for the lack of item interest adventurers have.)

Don't kings and queens not have mandates anyway on account of world-genned creatures not having a set of likes and dislikes?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 03:08:00 am »

Don't kings and queens not have mandates anyway on account of world-genned creatures not having a set of likes and dislikes?
most likely.... my king has none.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 04:52:04 am »

Similar to that note; What if you embark as a Human fort but had eradicated all the humans in the world as an adventurer? I assume migrants are dragged from the human population? In addition to that you could potentially create a bunch of humans (human outsider adventurer) and then retire them adding them to the population pool...

Immigrant adventurers?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 05:29:14 am »

Similar to that note; What if you embark as a Human fort but had eradicated all the humans in the world as an adventurer? I assume migrants are dragged from the human population? In addition to that you could potentially create a bunch of humans (human outsider adventurer) and then retire them adding them to the population pool...

Immigrant adventurers?
I'm going to rewrite that question to a easier to answer
Can you pool people from a population pool? yes but you don't even need to do the eradication to get immigrant adventurers you just need to have the new site under the new group before you retire the old fortress, if done right you will get the migrants from the old fort, if you happen to have less than 10 citizens living there you might be able to get the adventurer among the pack.
though immigranted Adventurer's is a theory based on finding out civs pull from other civs population pools.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 04:47:07 pm »

Immigrant adventurers?

Migrants are created when they migrate to you.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.