Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pond sorting on top of statues + pillar after reclaim  (Read 737 times)

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pond sorting on top of statues + pillar after reclaim
« on: October 24, 2006, 12:41:00 pm »

I have a statue garden which I created a pond in, which works (and looks) wonderful.

The center of the room is a engraved pillar, surrounded by 8 statues.   To create the pond, I made a 5x5 square channel that overlapped the whole thing.   This resulted in the pillar surrounded by statues, surrounded by the pond.

To illustrate:
PPPPP
PSSSP
PSOSP
PSSSP
PPPPP

P=pond
S=statue
O=engraved pillar

The problem occurs after abandoning + reclaiming.    When I reclaim the fortress, I see a 5x5 pond.    If I use K to scroll around the room, it identifies the statues/pillar in the middle.

PPPPP
PPPPP
PPPPP
PPPPP
PPPPP

Angela Christine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pond sorting on top of statues + pillar after reclaim
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 01:38:00 pm »

I had the same thing happen on a reclaim.  The pillar still works, it was a 13*13 room and the ceiling didn't come down.

On a related note, I had made a non-square pond by digging a room in the shape of the pond I wanted, filling all the available space with a channel, and then digging out the rest of the room.  When I reclaimed not only was the central pillar invisible, but the pond had magically become a rectangle.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Pond sorting on top of statues + pillar after reclaim
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 02:07:00 pm »

Yeah, this happens with farms too.  For some reason the occupancy maps are getting trashed on reclaim.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!