Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Losing/Resetting Enemy status?  (Read 946 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Losing/Resetting Enemy status?
« on: August 05, 2011, 06:44:08 am »

Heya.

Back when I was trying to make a perfect adventurer, I made a very awesome one skill-wise and history-wise, but I also made him an enemy with the only dwarven civ in the world due to an accident (can't remember what, actually. I think I met a dwarf from an abandoned fort or something, he attacked me and I killed him, turning the whole world into my enemy in a second).

I'm curious: is there a way to lose this enemy status from a civ (the dwarven civ, in this case)?
Any in-game tricks, or changing any files to set the allegiance back to "devoted member" or something?

Thanks for any help!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

gomwon

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: Losing/Resetting Enemy status?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 06:52:52 am »

While you cannot get tasks from the dwarves ( You cant anyway, Except in 40d ), perhaps if you kill nearby night creatures and bandits, the dwarves will respect you enough to become friendly.

http://twitter.com/#!/Gompasta for Dwarf Fortress Tweetspam.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 07:00:20 am »

I've actually had an enemy "respect me for heroic acts". Maybe if I had continued longer they would've stopped being my enemies.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 07:01:43 am »

I tried this a while back with no success with the dwarven civ.

But now I did a trick and it worked: I got the dwarf to retire in a neutral, Legendary Hero status MountainHome (which was a Site Group/Govt of the main Dwarven Civ), and the Main Civ now shows as "member", and not an enemy anymore.

I tried this before playing in Fortress Mode (I played 4 years in Fort, now abandoned it to test some things), and I couldn't retire on any MountainHome...
Well, if it works, it works :D

-- ninja'd:
I've actually had an enemy "respect me for heroic acts". Maybe if I had continued longer they would've stopped being my enemies.

That's pretty much what I did to be able to retire in a mountainhome. After retiring and getting on the adventurer again, I'm now 'devoted member' instead of enemy. :)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

MrShmoopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 07:06:17 pm »

I had this happen once for a goblin civ in .31. They stopped me at the edge of their borders and said,
"S..s..stop in the name of (whatever)." Yes, they literally stuttered. Then they didn't even attack me. Later, when checking Legends mode, that's what it said. A nice touch, I think.