Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten Beast Bits  (Read 1783 times)

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten Beast Bits
« on: July 24, 2011, 05:35:31 pm »

In a larger sense, body parts like arms. What do I do with them besides throw them away? It seems wasteful, especially when they're made of gemstone.

I've also had difficulty butchering partial skeletons of things. How does this work?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Beast Bits
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 05:38:47 pm »

Inorganic forgotten beasts are completely useless. You can't do anything with them.

Only non-intelligent, non-tamed creatures can be butchered. Also, if the corpse is too small to yield anything but a skull, it can't be butchered. So, goblin partial skeletons, for instance, would be completely useless as well as they'll never rot down to usable bones, and partial skeletons of what were once your creatures cannot be used. Nor, in fact, could the fresh corpses of those things.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 11:21:15 pm »

I can't wait until necromancers kick in and all those random gem legs, coal torsos and salt lower bodies coated in deadly dust and still larger than an elephant by a factor of ten start rising up and crawling towards their enemies.  I for one welcome our new overlords--the lower leg and upper arm of a granite humanoid with 4 horns (the horns are busy eating all the kittens and children).
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 01:39:13 am »

I can't wait until necromancers kick in and all those random gem legs, coal torsos and salt lower bodies coated in deadly dust and still larger than an elephant by a factor of ten start rising up and crawling towards their enemies.  I for one welcome our new overlords--the lower leg and upper arm of a granite humanoid with 4 horns (the horns are busy eating all the kittens and children).

I was really amused by the dwarves lugging around the 10 thousand kilo gem head. :P Slowest haul job ever.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 05:03:27 am »

Is there any sort of value calculation for the material of FB body parts?

Honestly if I got a giant gemstone and managed to decap it I'd so hang that up in the dining room.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 05:12:27 am »

Unfortunately forgotten beast parts only have a value multiplier of 1. It's still a cool trophy.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 08:19:36 am »

even with the low multiplier, the amount of meat that comes out of FBs is enough to buy out most caravans when cooked.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 10:15:34 am »

even with the low multiplier, the amount of meat that comes out of FBs is enough to buy out most caravans when cooked.
Yeah, I have dozens of forgotten beast tallow as it is. It's not even cooked into cakes and so on yet.

I did manage to totemize his head, though. Trickier when the dozens of body parts produced are all labeled "Ezo forgottentitle's sardonyx".