Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water melting rock?  (Read 710 times)

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
Water melting rock?
« on: July 25, 2011, 10:29:42 am »

So on my map there is a brook on the far side of the map away from my fortress. Recently we ran out of booze  >:( and all of my dwarves decided to make the hike to the brook, because my map was so hot it melted all the pools. This resulted in a child being kidnapped, so I decided to build a well inside my fortress.

So, I dig a big pit under my hospital, dug a stone tunnel to the brook, and waited.

The water melted every stone it touched (except for ore), like magma.

:o

I'm going to throw a cat in there, see what happens.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: Water melting rock?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 10:40:17 am »

There is actually a glitch where objects moved by water disappear sometimes. Stone melted by magma leaves a contaminant behind, so unless there is a contaminant behind called something along the lines of "magma" then the rock was simply glitched out of existence. Can't to the same to cats, unfortunately, although they still need to breathe :P

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 10:48:58 am »

Unless the stones actually turned into "molten [stone]" globs, they did not melt.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 10:58:08 am »

Unless the stones actually turned into "molten [stone]" globs, they did not melt.
Yeah I was wondering why there wasn't any goo left behind. Never heard of that glitch. Oh well, this could be a good way of getting rid of goblin junk.