Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Masterwork Armor and Weapons!  (Read 1639 times)

babies

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Masterwork Armor and Weapons!
« on: August 07, 2011, 10:54:25 am »

Just came across a goblin master who was fully adorned with masterwork clothes, weapons, and armor! Despite that, his head came off with relative ease after some light coercion from my iron battle axe.

Anyway! He has a masterwork copper shield and I'm wondering if it would be better than my mundane iron one.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Armor and Weapons!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 11:33:11 am »

Yes. Shield material currently does nothing but altering shield bashes, for which copper is better than iron. Plus, masterwork. Shiny.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:55:19 am »

Grab his weapon if you can use it. Masterwork bandit leaders are pretty tough to beat IMO but the rewards are so totally worth it.

babies

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 12:08:41 pm »

Yes. Shield material currently does nothing but altering shield bashes, for which copper is better than iron. Plus, masterwork. Shiny.

Because copper is denser, yes? Would the masterwork quality of the shield affect how much it hurts or its accuracy when I shieldbash with it?

Grab his weapon if you can use it. Masterwork bandit leaders are pretty tough to beat IMO but the rewards are so totally worth it.

Masterwork Silver Maul. Oh jeez, the heads I will implode with this thing.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 01:01:22 pm »

Because copper is denser, yes? Would the masterwork quality of the shield affect how much it hurts or its accuracy when I shieldbash with it?

Masterwork Silver Maul. Oh jeez, the heads I will implode with this thing.

It will affect the accuracy.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.