Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there any point in having dwarves wield multiple weapons?  (Read 1004 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

So i noticed that you can get your dwarve to wield multiple weps.  At first i thought they'd dual wield (1 in each hand) but it turns out they just hold them in the SAME hand.  Is there any point to having a dwarf lug around a sword and a hammer etc.?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

yggiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any point in having dwarves wield multiple weapons?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 09:37:42 am »

It was intended to work where if the first weapon is stuck in the enemy and dwarf loses grasp on it, then they will use the backup. I am not sure what the experience is in practice.

frodo0800

• Bay Watcher
  • Son of Ilúvatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 10:38:48 am »

once my greedy swordmaster wielded 2 *adamantine shortswords* on the same hands,he was unkillable,sometimes i've thought that Urist was an jedi name

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 10:43:53 am »

ya know what this calls for?  A special forces team!  Let's see how many weapons we can fit on a guy shall we? :D

for !!SCIENCE!!
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

frodo0800

• Bay Watcher
  • Son of Ilúvatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 06:29:09 am »

when dwarfs enter the industrial era,the special ops team will be able to use two mg42 on the same hand and one bazooka,pazerschreck on the other

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 08:16:48 am »

The more weapons a dwarf has, the more options he has in battle.

Example: Dwarf vs armored enemy, dwarf has a sword and a hammer.

Sword goes for choppy/organic parts, hammer goes for armored parts (usually the head).

Since the game runs on how fast you are (speed) you cannot do 2 things in 1 turn (like double-slashing an enemy)

There are threads like these, hope someone stickies em up soon  :)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 04:11:14 pm »

yes every weapon, has an attack option often more than one(swords have 4),every attack has its own odds to hit, this is why dwafs even with weapons some times punch and kick in fights.

more attack options more head shots.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG