Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Offerings  (Read 499 times)

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
Offerings
« on: July 21, 2011, 12:36:18 am »

How do I make offerings to my Mountainhome?
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Offerings
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 12:44:49 am »

When the dwarven caravan comes, mark goods on your side for trading, but not on their side. Hit "o."

Note that (goods) with (parenthesis) around them cannot be offered. If you select any such goods, the option will be grayed out and hitting "o" will do nothing. (Goods) are goods that came from off of the map, either through trade, invaders, or part of the original embark. Only natively produced goods can be offered.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
Re: Offerings
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 12:53:51 am »

When the dwarven caravan comes, mark goods on your side for trading, but not on their side. Hit "o."

Note that (goods) with (parenthesis) around them cannot be offered. If you select any such goods, the option will be grayed out and hitting "o" will do nothing. (Goods) are goods that came from off of the map, either through trade, invaders, or part of the original embark. Only natively produced goods can be offered.

Okay thanks, well off to being a capital.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.