Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ITT: Best/Most Amazing/Mostest Deliscious food your dwarves have made.  (Read 5270 times)

erissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Therefore males make better cooks than females. ::)

Any dwarf, man or woman, that doesn't have a mighty beard capable of mincing ale and meat doesn't deserve a place in the mountainhomes.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile

*looks at fort overview
*4,000 meat, 2,500 drink, 200 plant, 1800 other (cheese?)
my dorfs like meat and cheese and booze

Do you buy all the meat-n-cheese fast food and cheap booze off the caravans?

Is anyone else bothered by how dwarven cooks mince everything, including liquids?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_mince
Note that minced meat is known as ground meat in north america. The lazy dwarven cook tosses all of the ingredients into a blender or grinder, and then bakes/stews the results into biscuits, stew, or roasts.

yes, but i currently have about 1600 elephant meat, and various other types of meat. i have like 6 hunters and 4 butchers. i butcher all the stray animals immigrants bring and then my hunters bring in whole elephants. also, i have a legendary brewer and a few stills i usually just keep running.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is an exceptional quality turkey tallow roast. The ingredients are exceptionally minced turkey tallow, exceptionally minced turkey tallow, exceptionally minced hen tallow, exceptionally minced hen tallow.

Damn birds.

Noodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am actually eager to get recipes for cooking (someone on the forum mentioned toady would get onto it eventually). I also fully expect the most extravagant meals to be a byzantine recipe, requiring several different components such as an entire wood log, a bucket of fresh water from the well, a unit of lye, rock salt, a barrel of booze, plus the actual food.

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hickory smoked, steamed, basted and marinated dwarf-infant tallow roast?

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is one heck of an omelet.  Bonus points for the cook who made it having a preference for dwarven sugar.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

orrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did some cooking for this thread:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PalladiumDawn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I sampled some cooked cow brain a few months ago, and it wasn't half bad. Consistency was soft and reminded me of liver.

Brain is something that I tend to avoid, both for my dwarves and in real life, since nerve tissue tends to be the medium for transmitting Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.  However, I have heard of many cultures that eat brain, so I imagine it can't be that bad tasting.

As far as cooking goes, I try to adapt real-life recipies as best I can by restricting supply access.  For instance, biscuits are generally made of flour and some kind of milk.  Roasts are alot of fun to plan, since a well managed roast can be made to resemble almost anything.  For instance, a recipie I like is combining tallow, flour, and either sugar/honey and fruit, or fruit and meat for dessert and savory pies, respectively.  Stews are almost too easy to justify for my tastes, though an idea I've had (But never tried) is to combine milk, honey or sugar, and some kind of fruit togeather, and have it stored in a nether-cap barrel...Ice-cream anyone?

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I once had a meal made from dwarven sugar, cave wheat flour, elk bird egg and crundle tallow.

If only I had purring maggots for dwarven milk instead of that tallow. I could have made dwarven pancakes!

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile

Mmmmmmmmm. Doren would Luuuuv that Sea Serpent Heart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I once had a cook that churned out epic level biscuits to the point where I was thinking I'd have to disable the masterpiece announcement. Mostly made of sugar and plump helmets. In honor of his biscuit accomplishments, I named him Totalbiscuit. Yeah.

During the downfall of that fortress he punched a troll in the face and smashed his brain, then broke a goblin's arm.
Just thought I'd share that while we were talking about cooking...
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frozen milk + rock nut paste + honey + honey

I thought "ice cream with nut flavour" immediately and actually got a bit hungry when I read it.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

Gruntathon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The most intersting I have is: Prepared cave dragon instestines stew. The ingredients are minced crundle tallow, well-minced giant jaguar tallow and superiorly minced prepared cave dragon intestines.

I sampled some cooked cow brain a few months ago, and it wasn't half bad. Consistency was soft and reminded me of liver.

Reminds me of the Glutton Bowl Challenge! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kxTO3dFDfM Warning: Bizarre and Gross

Pages: 1 2 [3]