Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Subversion / Introversion  (Read 18408 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Subversion / Introversion
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2011, 02:45:10 am »

You bumped this to ask that? How about you tell us?

* A cursory glance at their forums suggest no, there is no news.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:48:47 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2011, 02:45:25 am »

When I saw a new post I got a little excited, then it turned out it was just a bump..

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2011, 02:46:31 am »

Nope, they mentioned they were going to go silent on their last blog on the subject:

Posted by Chris on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Time for an update.

All is good, the best it's been for a long time. We have undoubtedly "gone dark", ie we are not posting news or blog updates at the moment, but we are enjoying some of the best times I've ever experienced at Introversion. It feels like we're back to the old days - just a handful of us, working on the next game at our homes, looking forward to the release. No multiplayer sequels, console ports of existing games or anything like that to worry about - just the Next Game, an original work. No more mining our 2005 successes. Financially all is good, we had a(nother) great Steam promotion over xmas, and we're even hiring some freelancers on the Next Game. It hasn't felt this good since Defcon to be honest.

After part 20 of the Subversion blog, which roughly coincided with the live demos of Subversion at World of Love, I decided it was time to stop writing quite so publicly about the process. I also decided I wasn't going to write about that decision either. For a long while, writing publicly about Subversion was the right thing to do, and I got a lot of satisfaction out of it. But that has changed now, and I've got other priorities at Introversion at the moment. I'm a selfish individual really, blogs get written when I want to write them I'm certain there will be future blogs, just not right now.

I'm not going to make any promises or be pushed into estimating dates or anything, because we all know how that always ends up. But we've got some good stuff coming, and I don't just mean Subversion. We've some surprises up our sleeves too.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2011, 05:18:50 pm »

To hear him say that he's living the dream again gives me all sorts of warm fuzzies inside.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2011, 05:21:28 pm »

I wonder if this is still ETA 2011 or if its going to be later. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2011, 05:24:32 pm »

If it's still coming out in 2011, their window for saying so at a good time is closing. I figure established dev houses want at least a month to do some PR and demoing of the product before release, possibly more. Introversion isn't the type to schmooze the media, but there are way more people paying attention to them now than in the Uplink/Darwinia/Defcon days. So I'd expect they'd be saying anything about release one to two months before it happens.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2011, 07:29:58 pm »

I've been following their blog since their last post and rechecking every few days then weeks then eventually months... They really abandoned that pretty quick.
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2011, 09:42:39 pm »

I went all :D then opened the thread and changed to >:(
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2011, 09:59:17 pm »

Yeah, it has been painful waiting for any news from them... We have no idea what the game might look like right now.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]