Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steam game question  (Read 718 times)

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Steam game question
« on: July 22, 2011, 07:10:46 am »

I wanted to buy a game in steam, but right now i have only 12 euros (17$) aviable, does anyone know any good and cheap rpg, strategy or adventure game in steam? Graphics don't matter at all. Any suggestions?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam game question
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 07:27:26 am »

What you need is a time machine, so you can travel back in time to just before when the steam summer sales were starting. Perhaps you should invest your 12 euros into developing a time machine in the future with instructions to have it sent back to you when it is completed.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 07:27:51 am »

Dungeons of Dredmor is $5
Civ 5 is on sale for an incredible $17 right now
Breath of Death and Cthulu save the world are $3 and are excellent RPG games. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8848/

Lot's of good deals.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:32:06 am »

Civ 5 is on sale for an incredible $17 right now

Personally I wouldn't buy it unless it dropped to $5, and that's probably never going to happen.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 07:43:40 am »

I already have civ 5, but it isnt worth it :P I still prefer civ 4 with my favourite mods
I will look dungeons of dredmor to see if i like it, thanks :)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 10:28:26 am »

Dungeons of Dredmor is $5

This.  And pick up Jamestown ($10) if you like bullet hell shooters (the levels are actually rather doable on the lower difficulties; level 1 I beat on Divine (second highest) on my first try, although level 2 kicked me down over and over).

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 11:28:55 am »

You may want to take a look at the sega genesis offerings, which go for about 3 dollars. Shining Force is a fun SRPG.

Rome: Total War and Medieval 2: total war are both $10; both are worth checking out if you don't already have them.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:30:57 am by Flying Carcass »