Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gears of War - A Locust Flood (Eight Slots Open)  (Read 1337 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gears of War - A Locust Flood (Eight Slots Open)
« on: July 20, 2011, 07:59:31 am »

Backstory
The Locust have returned after three centuries, and this time its with a vengance as their numbers are three times larger than ever before, and mankind is struggling to hold them off, adn now they are going to their last resort the Sleepers a group of genetically altered human super soldiers. They were put through intense training, and surgeries ever since they were five, and they are mankinds best hope for survivng this war. You will fight them on our turf,a dn theirs you will batter them back to their holes then charge in after them, adn kill them all. You will not be alone in this for all mankind is behind you, adn they will give you all of their support, and with your help they might just survive this horror of a war. This is a war waged for one reason, to genocide mankind, and in order to survive you must commit genocide agaisnt the Locusts, adn kill everyone of them. Now you must go forth, and fight the war for mankind's future.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Implants (click to show/hide)

Equipment -
You will start with two weapons that I give you depending on your position, and every thing else you want you will need to buy, make, repair, or scavenge from the massive warzone that is this planet.

This game will be a fast paced action RTD that relies heavily on cover, and teamwork, so if that sounds intresting along with the post-apocalyptic world come, and join.\
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:01:08 pm by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gears of War - An Unimaginable Flood (Eight Slots Open)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:00:10 am »

Reserve

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gears of War - A Locust Flood (Eight Slots Open)
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 05:50:50 pm »

Reserve, and Bump.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 05:56:41 pm »

Sorry guys, but I have to abandon this due to the massive amount of work I have (I just found out all my classes are Honors) to do, but I will try to get it back up again sometime, so it isn't dead forever. I really am sorry though, but I can't run this, create WotW, and deal with all my classes at the same time.

And yet, you have time to run another game?  :P

Your chasing new players away by making and abandoning your games. Be realistic with what you can accomplish, please? I hate to have to do this, but it's getting on my nerves.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 05:58:07 pm »

Adwarf, seriously you need to stop this. You make a new game every few games, abandon it, then repeat the cycle. What happened to all the other RTD's you were running? Along with the Dark Heresy campaign you were going to run?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 06:00:13 pm »

Sorry guys, but I have to abandon this due to the massive amount of work I have (I just found out all my classes are Honors) to do, but I will try to get it back up again sometime, so it isn't dead forever. I really am sorry though, but I can't run this, create WotW, and deal with all my classes at the same time.

And yet, you have time to run another game?  :P

Your chasing new players away by making and abandoning your games. Be realistic with what you can accomplish, please? I hate to have to do this, but it's getting on my nerves.
Well I can still run it, but I can only run a turn (Combat wise if more than a few enemies about once a week) So I am still going to run it I just found out my schedule would allow me to run it, this, and my other forum game, so I will run all three.

Adwarf, seriously you need to stop this. You make a new game every few games, abandon it, then repeat the cycle. What happened to all the other RTD's you were running? Along with the Dark Heresy campaign you were going to run?
I tried to get it run no one joined.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 06:01:53 pm »

What im trying to say is, if you keep on doing this no one is going to join. I have seen you do this countless times, which is why I don't join your RTD's anymore.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 06:04:16 pm »

Could be worse.  You could be like me and not find the good ones until there are so many people in it that you have a a snowball's chance in hell of actually playing.  I still never got to play the Mad Scientist RTD.  It seems like I'm either too slow on the pick up or the setting just doesn't interest me for any characters I have in mind.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 06:04:43 pm »

What im trying to say is, if you keep on doing this no one is going to join. I have seen you do this countless times, which is why I don't join your RTD's anymore.

Precisely, and I was pretty psyched up for the Disgaea one, which is just one of your countless projects you devote ever more increasing time that you have ever decreasing amounts of, then abandon. Not going to join this either.

But then again, HGH I guess. Carry on.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:06:41 pm by freeformschooler »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 06:06:36 pm »

I know thats why this is the last one I am going to run besides the other two (I am now completely out of ideas) Right now I am trying to learn to program so I cna automate the Oblivion System, so I don't have as much calculation to do.

Every time I try to post someone else does.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 06:16:11 pm »

Sorry, I'm going to have to agree with these guys. How many of your RTDs/games have I joined that you then abandoned?

Full Metal Alchemist
Assassin's Creed
Roll to be a Merc
Roll to become a Wizard
Survivors
Mass Effect RTD

Oblivion looks like it's joining that list, and that list's just me alone. Even back in February Dwarmin was pointing out that you create and abandon games quickly. You're getting a bad reputation as a GM, dude. If you don't have time for it, don't run one. Your schoolwork should come first anyway, really. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 06:21:53 pm »

Nopw I am runnign a turn of Oblivion now locking this thread since it has caused such a fuss, adn I will stick to the games I already have I see your guys point, adn this time I swear to not make another one until Oblivion is truly dead (Not going to happen now that I know my limit on the amount of combatants)