Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Recettear - Item Shop Owner  (Read 7670 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Recettear - Item Shop Owner
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2011, 05:00:02 pm »

Why do people always try to buy stuff that's too expensive for them? Looking at you, Arma <_<

Also, Prime is a damn cheapskate.
Catch her buying when the price is high. You will get all the monies. All of them.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2011, 05:07:47 pm »

Actually if you let Prime rip you off long enough she'll become a productive customer just like everyone else.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2011, 03:01:50 pm »

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2011, 02:39:46 pm »

(Sorry about the bump, but...)

Um... what a nice little sis you are.

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2011, 02:57:56 pm »

EDIT: I've discovered a major problem with this game. Without analyzing the dialogue before the price setting part of buying/selling an item, there's absolutely no way to tell (that I can find) whether you are bidding to buy or sell the item.  Occasionally I see "what should I pay?" above the price selection, but most of the time it's something ambiguous like "how much?"  I just accidentally sold an item at a ridiculously low price when I thought I was buying it.  I've also broken combos by bidding high on an item I thought they were buying but they were actually selling. Is there any way to tell the difference after you've gotten to the price selection screen? That really ought to be clear...
I know this is an old question, but I didn't see an answer given. When buying an item from a customer the text above the buy price (such as "How much?") will be colored yellow rather than white.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2011, 03:04:33 pm »

When buying an item from a customer the text above the buy price (such as "How much?") will be colored yellow rather than white.
Neat, I didn't know that and had come across this dilemma more than a few times. Now if only I can manage to remember it in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]