Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: When did this feature disapear?  (Read 2753 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When did this feature disapear?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 11:36:04 pm »

Also do attributes increase?

I havn't noticed any of my attributes increasing by a single point lately.
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Attributes

here is the relevant information.

Not exactly helpful... as it doesn't answer my question exactly other then saying "Yes" but not answering why I havn't noticed increases lately.

Thank you anyhow.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:52:41 pm by Neonivek »

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 06:52:07 am »

i had thought the information in the article more detailed than i could provide.  personal experience has shown me attributes only increase a little bit raising only one associated skill.  for example, going from "not knapper" to "competent knapper" on a human brought my kinsthetic sense up to "above average" from "average".  furthermore, there is a racial maximum that can not be exceeded.

finally, the hard values for both gain and rust for both skills and attributes, as is described in the opening paragraph of the article, are contained in the creature raws.

i can not answer your question more specifically than "yes" without knowing more detailed information.  the race of your character, his attribute levels, how much you have raised the appropriate skills, and so on. 

so rather than go back and forth with that, i'd rather point you to the "source" and help you to connect the dots.

oh and that thread on knockback isnt the only one, there is a far more recent one (that i cannot find atm) discussing it, and the effects of ridiculous character strength values and knockback.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 11:49:38 am »

Yes, it seems that there are only two ways to make your opponents explode on collision these days. Play as a Bronze Colossus, or Shout the enemy in the upper body with your Anger.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 11:55:19 am »

Or make sure your only enemies are cavies.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 06:26:56 pm »

Or make sure your only enemies are cavies.

also, recently there has been a report of a platinum hammer knocking a trog back two tiles.  i am jealous.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 01:43:11 pm »

Funny story, one time I was fighting a BC and for some reason it would not kill me even though it should be able to destroy me in an instant. After a while I check it's wounds to see if I had cut anything off and it turned out he was beating me with a *Leather Glove*! Next turn I attack and it happens that I cut off the hand holding the *Leather Glove*... You can guess the rest.

PS. This was in an older version.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 07:56:25 pm »

Funny story, one time I was fighting a BC and for some reason it would not kill me even though it should be able to destroy me in an instant. After a while I check it's wounds to see if I had cut anything off and it turned out he was beating me with a *Leather Glove*! Next turn I attack and it happens that I cut off the hand holding the *Leather Glove*... You can guess the rest.

i think it's still possible, as minotaurs and giants tend to do the same thing.  you have to wonder why a minotaur insists on beating his target with a XXpig tail sockXX, instead of his deadly gore, but hey, whatever works.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 05:04:57 pm »

i think it's still possible, as minotaurs and giants tend to do the same thing.  you have to wonder why a minotaur insists on beating his target with a XXpig tail sockXX, instead of his deadly gore, but hey, whatever works.
That's perfectly fine with me. They're deadly enough as it is. I've lost plenty an adventurer to a Minotaur wielding an article of clothing. If they were smart enough to impale you with every attack... *shudders*
Pages: 1 [2]