Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Do you guys "reload"?  (Read 1850 times)

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do you guys "reload"?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 08:36:30 pm »

I guess I lied before. I autosave seasonally and usually have it autobackup. I used one of the backups once when my real save crashed somehow. I still have it in case anyone wants to check it out but I don't think it can be brought back.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Darun009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 09:19:28 pm »

Is just a little hard to not be a savescum in this game.
I mean, you spent so many time buildinig your fort and loving your dwawes and theirs cats and dogs that its a little hard to let it go when YOU fail with some trap or killing acidentally  a legion of cats and make their owners suicide when you misfire a ballista (yah, that tend to happen with me)
I'll try to less scum less because, well, losing in fun and you can learn by having to spend 12 hours again to build something.
But I just started to player some little time ago.
Never worked with lava (still looking foward)
I'm a little used to hard games.
But not that hard.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 10:28:20 pm »

I'm glad to say I managed to actually lose a game today without defeatedly resetting. Well, actually, it crashed just as magma and goblins overwhelmed my citizens, but I consider it lost at that point.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2011, 11:46:38 pm »

Considering how I normally play with my mod, and how I fail to make it non-crashy, save scumming is the only way to go without losing hours to a turtle siege.
(the instant a turtle appeared on the map the game crashes)

What sucks is when I save before a merchant or something and end up with a crash literally 3 frames afterwards.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)
Pages: 1 2 [3]