Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Great Rise (and even greater fall) of Flickersteels (succession game)  (Read 3595 times)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

Here's the DFFD:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4559

And for the next overseer: Please save my ass.

that would be me.

I'll consider it  ;D

Argh, can you make it a .zip file instead? Like, a standard windows compressed folder?

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile

Here's the DFFD:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4559

And for the next overseer: Please save my ass.

that would be me.

I'll consider it  ;D

Argh, can you make it a .zip file instead? Like, a standard windows compressed folder?
Worse comes to worse use Wobzip - but why don't you have anything like Winrar?
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not that I don't have an extraction program; don't want to install one.

I'm using a desktop that is not supposed to let me on, so if I install anything my dad will realize something is up.

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile

I'm using a desktop that is not supposed to let me on, so if I install anything my dad will realize something is up.
Use Wobzip.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are playing community games after your parents took away your laptop, using a computer that you are not supposed to have access to?

Hehehe

This explains a great deal about some of the delays :)
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, no, you have it all wrong.

I am under the oppression of the rightist group, which happens to have recruited my parents to their cause. However, the motherland has advised me to continue my endeavors to subvert the atrocities that I am being subjected to.

My cause is right, my ideals better, and my subversion deeper than they can imagine. They shall not overcome the true might (and secrecy) of the motherland!

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Download extracter
2. Extract files
3. Make sure it works
4. Delete extractor
5. ???
6. Profit

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile

1. Download portable extracter onto flash drive
2. Extract files
3. Make sure it works
4. Delete extractor
5 4. ???
6 5. Profit
Fixed!

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got back my laptop, but with time restrictions. I'll extract it now.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOC:
this is a totally unorganized report as I'm too lazy to do what I did with uristildom.

-Spring-

I was walking down the hallway when the overseer met with me. He told me that he felt like retiring from directing the fort to rest his spinal cord injury.

First thing I noticed is that every-carpy-thing is just mashed around the place in some convenient corner or nook that happened to be dug out.

Second thing is that there was no doors, so miasma from those zombie and skeletal animals were permiating the main stairway every once in a while.

Third thing is that all our stockpiles were full. And that we were running out of stone. And plants, though we have plenty of seeds.

To fix all of these errors using one task, I mined out huge rooms in the soil, and expanded our dining room. I also noticed that everyone, I mean everyone, had farming off, so I remedied that and now we have fully functional farm plots, stockpiles, and workshops. Also, to prevent cave adaptation, I made a statue garden on the surface along with putting all the war dogs at the gate, which proved to be very smart as a zombie buzzard was torn to pieces a month later by them.

So far, just cleaning up and reorganizing workshops and stockpiles.

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Conan? Don't forget.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I've been working on the fort a bit and nothing eventful is happening. Just cleaning up, making designated stockpiles, the like.

I have quite a few forts waiting on me. Feel free to skip me if you must.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile

I guess flickersteels has allready fallen here.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]