Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gobbo's on giant cave swallows are not attacking  (Read 654 times)

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gobbo's on giant cave swallows are not attacking
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:45:17 am »

Hello fellow dwarf overseers,

I've got a lot of invading gobbos mounted on giant cave swallows. But they are not attacking.

The fortress is located on top of a mountain and ... the roof is wide open. Even when I open my entrance, they aren't coming. The trolls came and got slaughtered ...

Is this some kind of bug or are they trying to provoke me to charge them blindly? And when I move my forces outside they take care of the civilians. Those goblins are sure evil masterminds, but I wont fall for that!
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Gobbo's on giant cave swallows are not attacking
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 06:53:37 am »

Flying mounts are sort of bugged.
I recall it goes something along the lines of that the rider moves the creature, rider can't fly by themselves, mount flies up into the air a little, the rider suddenly goes "OH GOD I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE" and freezes still.

Pretty sure you can still draw aggro and get them to attack if you send your soldiers there though. Probably could just sit it out and check if they leave on their own. Although they might just stay there forever.

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 10:15:47 am »

Thanks!

They did leave the map after some time - switching with another invasion. ::)

I tried and did draw their attention, but the elven ambush's too. They made pincushions out of my military. Now I'm down to 30 dwarfs due to a large tantrum spiral. But Savetool survived and strife for revenge!
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 10:24:33 am »

Pretty sure you can still draw aggro and get them to attack if you send your soldiers there though. .

In my fortress, they don't attack while airborne, unless they have a bow. They just stay there, move randomly a few squares, and get peppered by arrows.
They only attacked AFTER their wounded mount slammed into the ground (or into one of my soldiers. "Goblin rain" can be deadly, around here!)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 12:15:13 pm »

Invaders and mounts have issues. I recall something about how it relies on the mount's pathing, and the mount's perfectly content standing still. That, or what Ieb said. That's why invasions led by mounted goblins are rarely a danger.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 12:57:37 pm »

Pray you don't get flying mounts with marksgoblins. Read a thread where somebody had this, and the mounts kept fleeing the dwarves so they were constantly out of range.