Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GTA IV for PC - Big rigs beats this : WTF EDITION  (Read 1715 times)

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
Re: GTA IV for PC - Big rigs beats this : WTF EDITION
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 06:57:20 pm »

I bought it on Xbox. It ran perfectly.

C:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 12:56:52 am »

The first pirated version worked fine. At least it had better steering than Saints Row 2.
Huh, I found the steering much worse in GTAIV.
And it took me a couple hours to find out how to start a game in GTAIV, because it would never get past the loading slideshow.
After that it ran alright.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 02:44:29 am »

Sorry guys, i was in a vile battle rage, most of that was hammered down on my keyboard in less than 2 minutes. Its so fucking messy i know.. But thtey usually make good games, why the fuck make this some puddle of diarrhea?

Not to be a shit guy or anything.. And i find it insulting to say that i need to learn to type, because writing is one of my main competences, that said, not in a vile battle rage of exhausting buggy microsoft products and fucking retarded things that are just there to make the game harder to enjoy, hell i just wanted to drive around and watch people fling around then grapple onto things, damn Euphoria, place that sticker on any game and i am buying that crap, even if its coded by monkeys on cocaine or about ponys. But i really feel bootlegged, my friend had the PS3 version and it ran well, my computer can run Crysis on high graphics settings, but thats obvious, because its made by germans, and germans think before making, thats why their washing machines and cars are so freaking robust.. i dont get how someone can sell such a piece of unoptimised crap. Rockstar monkeys, sounds like a bootleg band..
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 02:58:57 am »

CRAZYOPPSOTERSAYWUT?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 03:04:46 am »

My XBox copy ran fine as well.

Actually it ran shitty but that was my XBox not the game itself.  Once I figured out what the deal was (It was a release XBox and had bad solders on the video card) it ran great.

If you have a console some games should probably be bought for it.  Some stuff is genuinely better on a gamepad.  Platformers, action games, sports games (haters gonna hate).  Some research would've told you that the GTA4 PC port had problems.
Shoes...

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 03:27:29 am »

Well i learned something, never ask facepunch.. he was proably some PC hipster, not that PC games arent good.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 03:48:56 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It ran fine on my PC. With zero patches.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 04:01:58 am »

I actually bothered reading OP's post, and then regretted it immediately afterwards.

Look up information on a game before you buy it, is all I have to say on that matter.

On a slightly related tangent, the game on the Xbox was pretty fun. I never finished it, though. It started to grow a little monotonous, and then one day I just stopped playing.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 04:09:35 am »

To be honest, I believe GTA 4 on console also sucks. It was a poor attempt in "realism" over fun.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 [2]