Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gold Greaves  (Read 1340 times)

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
Gold Greaves
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:13:39 pm »

My site has a shitload of iron and gold almost all my artifacts are related to gold but how good do they do in a battle? Here's a pic:
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Greaves
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 06:20:56 pm »

Gold armour artifacts are essentially better than nothing or non-metal armours. If you have any copper or higher metals, use those instead of the gold though. Gold's only military use would be in blunt weapons or a shield.

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 07:12:33 pm »

I want them. That is all.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 07:18:25 pm »

I just noticed the groom of the monster was a king. Unttil year 8 when it became a enemy of my nation.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 07:47:20 pm »

At least your artifact is more useful than most of what my dwarves come up with.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 07:58:10 pm »

That artifact would be very useful, actually.

For the forgotten beast that wrestles them off the wearer and beats them to mush.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 08:03:11 pm »

Faithzealot is a great name.

Also, I've never seen a king be kidnapped by a night creature. The guards must have been asleep.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 08:13:48 pm »

For the forgotten beast that wrestles them off the wearer and beats them to mush.
Any artifact would do for that, really; it does not even need to be an artifact. Golden greaves are a classy way to go regardless, no doubt.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:44:09 am by Flandre »

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 10:07:55 pm »

Yeah, most every non-standard metal armor is pretty much useless.  As we were discussing in the platinum armor thread though, heavy metals like gold artifacts make AWESOME hammers and shields.  If you've got any artifact gold hammers or shields, give them to your legendary champions and watch them turn your enemies into colorful smears on the smoothed stone floors.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 11:27:27 pm »

Gold armor will probably suck in battle. Better than no armor, but the iron would make better armor than the gold. And this piece is awesome. Such amazing color and presentation: Gold, with blue bands, and red hanging rings and spikes.

And I chuckled at "On the item is an image of Faithzealot the gold flask in cat's eye."
(I know what cat's eye is, but it's still an amusing picture.)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 01:23:25 am »

Any artifact would do for that, really; it does not even need to be an artifact. Golden greaves are classy way to go regardless, no doubt.
It definitely beats getting pounded by a pig tail fiber sock. (Pun intended :) )
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"