Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Silverwasp, a wetty beginning and a future of war!  (Read 937 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Silverwasp, a wetty beginning and a future of war!
« on: July 12, 2011, 08:44:05 am »

"MILORD!!!!" screamed a voice that woke him up.
"WHAT?!" Urist mcking commented, turning to look at the source of the noise, and indeed it was that son of an human of a count.
"i was thinking, you know, could we...or maybe could i, suggest, to increase our town numbers?"
"what's up with that! we're fine with just one city as we are!"
"well the humans have..."
"THE HUMANS!? AGAIN WITH THEM!? well this is enough! we will build dozens and dozens of new towns and show them!"
"but really i wanted to s..."
"SHUT UP! AND YOU'RE GETTING ON THE CART FIRST THING FIRST!"
"ehm...yes sir, obviously"

And with that, what was meant to be a conversation about how the humans had increased their populations numbers and so the count wanted to suggest days of booze and mass reproduction, turned into a quest to find new places to stay.

And a place was found.
seven smart dwarven people braced themselves for the adventure at...
"SILVERWASP!" yelled Ducim, the expedition leader. a female dwarf of few.
"what's with the yelling all of a sudden?" commented her friend, Etur.
"we will call this place Silver-blupblup"
"What the he..." and with that they finally turned to watch the road after an interesting and two days long chit chat which had brought everyone who was ecstatic about the new colony to become just...
quite content.
Because, female chit chats are long, and they tend to forget that if you're leading a wagon with bulls, you shouldn't finish SWIMMING IN THE ARMOK DAMN BROOK.
But that happened.
And luckily...they knew how to swim.
and it wasn't winter.
it's never winter in here...
5 years since the beginning of the country.
in 5 years few things can happen.
But many races can be wiped out.
Goblins? elves? a thing of myth. Smashed apart and destroyed by the terrible titans, the forgotten beast of even more old and dragons.
only humans and dwarves have survived till now...but humans...must not survive.

Objective of the game:
this is not a succession fort, it's more of an RP-fort. at the present the 7 dwarves are:
a mason, a farmer/brewer, a doctor, a carpenter/bonecarver, a woodcutter and two miners (one of the two is the expedition leader)
we have the basic animals (2 dog and two cats) and a hen and a rooster.
Their stats and name will be posted once i get my hand on a more stable connection.

Long-term objective:
enter a war with the humans and kill all their chiefs and leader when they come to siege us.
and make damn sure to weaken them so much their race will be wipedout if the world is kept going.

4th of granite, early spring.
Everything seems fine. We started immediately digging down, i give orders, the others obey me.
After all, i'm the cutest and smartest dwarf around!
But don't tell the others! they'd be afraid of knowing i have a girly side to myself!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: Silverwasp, a wetty beginning and a future of war!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 09:00:12 am »

Sounds interesting, posting to see how this plays out.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?