Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Only 1 announcement  (Read 539 times)

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
Only 1 announcement
« on: July 13, 2011, 07:58:48 am »

Every time I open up my [a]nnouncement screen ony 1 is present instead of the bullti gazillion long pages, how Do I change it back.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Only 1 announcement
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:47:47 am »

scroll up.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 10:22:17 am »

Your announcements get periodically deleted. If you always see the same announcement, you should get some more announcements. Or you could just look in gamelog.txt for your missing announcements.

Jalapeņo Cheesepuffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 11:07:32 am »

90% sure you just have to scroll up. If you are trying to find the specifics to how a dwarf or creature died, its probably best to check the "r" Reports menu.

I use gamelog.txt whenever I need to find things. It merges announcements and reports from fortress mode and combat logs from adventure mode, and never gets deleted.
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr. Brain has long since departed"

-Edmund Blackadder