Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New player + Panda men/Badger men + Dog training  (Read 825 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
New player + Panda men/Badger men + Dog training
« on: July 07, 2011, 07:30:13 am »

So i've captured a bunch of these. Sending them to a pit gave me some bad results. They broke free during tranfser and started freeing othesr and all kinds of jazz. Two dwarfs died before the militia quelled the rebellion.

Can't I tame them? Is there any use for them at all?

Also, how the hell do you train hunting dogs/war dogs? I have a tame, non-pet dog, but when I try to train it says that no trainable creature is available.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: New player + Panda men/Badger men + Dog training
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:44:37 am »

if they killed somebody they can no longer be tamed, or that was how it went in past versions. as for the dog i don't know what the problem might be

Doomchild-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 08:30:25 am »

So i've captured a bunch of these. Sending them to a pit gave me some bad results. They broke free during tranfser and started freeing othesr and all kinds of jazz. Two dwarfs died before the militia quelled the rebellion.

Can't I tame them? Is there any use for them at all?

Also, how the hell do you train hunting dogs/war dogs? I have a tame, non-pet dog, but when I try to train it says that no trainable creature is available.

creatures that have tasted dwarven blood (any dwarf of your civilization, even those not in your fortress) are labled as enemies. they can be tamed but will always be hostile.
many animals are [exotic] and can only be tamed with a dungeon master, which is currently bugged, you need to remove the tag in their raws to tame them.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 08:34:24 am »

The dog needs to not be in a cage or on a chain.  If the dog is in a burrow, the Kennel also needs to be in the same burrow.  And the dog needs to be an adult (not a puppy) and not already a pet of any dwarf.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 07:55:45 am »

It can also not be in a pasture/pen
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.