Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need a list of good uses for carp.  (Read 3224 times)

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I need a list of good uses for carp.
« on: April 01, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »

No questions asked: here's your answer.

I'm doing a persuasive essay persuading people that carp aren't useless.

t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I need a list of good uses for carp.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »

Importing them into your siblings fortresses to persuade them never to play ever again and let you stay on, as all of their dwarves are dragged to a watery grave?

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 05:15:00 pm »

1. Killing
2. Killing again
3. Murdering
4. Tormenting
5. Smelling weird
6. Killing
7. April Fools
8. rice

A+

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 07:01:00 pm »

Apparently you can skin their hides and make leather from them. At least, human merchants will try to fool you into buying carp leather jacket. As we all know, carp are unkillable death-machines; "carp leather" is just another cheap tourist trap gimmick product.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:04:00 pm »

Carp are actually one of the most valuable resources in the world.  People have found many uses for this charismatic creature.  From endless food supplies, to defensive fortifications, even their bones have found use as speartips, sewing needles, and toothpicks.  All of these together make this a rather remarkable creature that is truly one of the most versatile commodities our planet has today.

Carp as a food supply dates back many millenia and today is the most widely eaten fish in the world.  Carp were a favored dish throughout Asia and Europe in ancient times.  Aquaculture of carp has been important for several reasons. The fish provide not only human nutrition, but crop fertilizer, wich has been used in ancient china since the 7th century.  Being a robust,hardy and adaptable species has helped carp become the important food supply it is today.  Throughout the world.

Carp as a defensive mechanism were discovered to be effective by Berent in the early 21st century.  There ferociousness and large size has been the boon of many militaries around the world.  Despite their aggressive reputation carp are extremely loyal to their caretakers and take well to military training.  In fact most 4th world countries now use this to their advantage by providing a stout defense to foreign invaders by channeling their borders and letting the carp roam free in them.  Some controversy has erupted in the U.S. because of their use as weapons of mass destruction and "carpfighting" wich has already been outlawed in 43 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S.V.I.

Carp use in toolmaking has been instrumental in the evolution of mankind.  Early  humans discovered the use of "toothpicks" and then developed the idea further, eventually transferring these skills to sewing, and deadly speartips wich have been found in early pseudo human gravesites.  Carp bone tools have been an important part of humanity since the begining.  

In conclusion it is safe to say that carp have and continue to play a vital role in humanity.  From defending small countries to feeding the masses and being a key player in our development as apes, carp should have a special place in the heart of all who come across this elegant creature.

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 07:05:00 pm »

Damn i didn't mean to go off like that but it is a sensitive subject for me.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 11:12:00 pm »

Carp are great use for decorating ponds.  They bring good luck, you know.

Heheheh.

Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 11:42:00 pm »

keeping the darn kids off your lawn?

moat with carp + kids = DEATH!!!!!!

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 12:20:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by I3erent:
<STRONG>Damn i didn't mean to go off like that but it is a sensitive subject for me.</STRONG>

You win  :)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 12:36:00 am »

Superstition believes that keeping carp can prevent accidents. Each time a carp you keep dies, you cheated an accident.