Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Massacre..... Amoungst themselves?  (Read 747 times)

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
Massacre..... Amoungst themselves?
« on: July 07, 2011, 08:28:43 pm »

Ok, I just ordered my Super armoured and legendary axeman and 7 trained wrestlers to attack a group of panda men, halfway through the slaughter, My Champion axeman decides to chop off the arm of one of the wrestlers at the shoulder and hack off his head immedietly afterwards....... What happened next both astounded me and pissed me off..... The axeman kills off all of my military and charges headlong into my (140 dwarf strong) Fortress and put the whoop ass to everyone, in the end he had 147 kills from the fort and 60 kills from seiges and stuff, he passed out from exhaustion and got his throat ripped out by my last surviving pet...... A war dog....

Anybody care to explain wtf just happened?
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Massacre..... Amoungst themselves?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 08:33:14 pm »

Sounds like a loyalty cascade. Did you accidentally order your military dwarves to kill one of your own?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 08:33:57 pm »

Sounds like a loyalty cascade. My guess is that one of those Panda Men was friendly (happens from time to time, when they kill FB's AFAIK,) and that triggered it.

EDIT: NINJAZ!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 08:37:02 pm »

You have seemed to have experienced a "loyalty cascade", its basically a tantrum spiral except you may have anciently ordered one of your dwarves to attack another dwarf. Doing this causes said dwarf to be recognized as an enemy of you civ. So, he/she is attacked on sight, since the aforementioned dwarf is still a member (and a new enemy) who ever attacks the former dwarf will also be recognized as an enemy and so on and so on, till everyone is dead.
edit- damn ninjas!!!!
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 08:43:56 pm »

God damned panda men.....

edit: and ninjaz
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover