Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The horribly scarred beast  (Read 1618 times)

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The horribly scarred beast
« on: July 05, 2011, 10:54:40 pm »

One of my forbidden beast has a scar for every part of it's body and I have not once attacked it.
Is this a bug or feature?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:52:47 am by MrShovelFace »

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
Re: The horribly scarred beast
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 10:56:06 pm »

You got a forgotten beast with over 30 scars?

...Probably some Animal-Man tribe or two, they tend to kill them pretty easily some times.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:12:24 pm »

See if anything comes up on legends mode about it.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 11:28:28 pm »

I smell an epic battle history. What you have there might well be more valuable to you alive. Imagine it, the beast animal men speak off in legends, and its under your control!

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 12:14:06 am »

i figure by all the scars that killing it is out of the question as so many have failed

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 12:20:29 am »

i figure by all the scars that killing it is out of the question as so many have failed
At least it isn't dented.

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
  • Topics normally misunderstood. Dabbling worder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 12:52:38 am »

Cage it, if it can be used on invaders then utilize it. If not, make a special room, or complex, for it with all the luxuries your fortress cannot afford. Then when you name a champion, deconstruct the wall passage and let those two fight to the finish.

If the beast lives, a new champion shall face it later. If it dies, give it an appropriate burial and fill the room with magma. No being shall ever steal from that Remembered Beast's belongings.

May need a few wall layers to make sure the mason isn't there to fight, or at least doesn't let the beast out
"A stupid is, a stupid dies." -Tribes 2

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 01:53:18 am »

looked on legends and this is all i found

doesnt seem like enough to damage a creature so much

and btw a giant overweight cyclopean raccoon with a massive underbite is the best FB i have gotten thus far

You got a forgotten beast with over 30 scars?

...Probably some Animal-Man tribe or two, they tend to kill them pretty easily some times.

well the thing is that this beast is still alive.. with all those scars on it
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 02:22:52 am by MrShovelFace »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 02:15:24 am »

So a forgotten beast associated with deformity is covered in scars.

Nice.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 05:40:27 am »

So, is Violentrings the name of your fortress per chance? Seeing how it only killed animal-men, which are usually tribes residing in your caverns in the first place, I wouldn't be surprised if that is where it got its battlescars from.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 08:44:33 am »

Has to be animal-men in your caverns.  Explore it a bit and you should see the carnage.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 08:47:39 am »

Did you discover this FB at map's edge, or did you breach the caverns and find it?  In other words, did it spend time on the map you weren't aware of?  It sounds like it killed a beast tribe while you weren't looking, and they wailed on it.

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 11:59:51 am »

i have never breached the caverns this one beast is still down there and he crawled out into my sight a year into playing

btw how would a dwarf react when the first thing he sees after opening a cavern is a 3 story high mutilated raccoon

edit: i found out and now the beast is killing all of my military dorfs with a pig tail fiber coat
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 12:47:29 pm by MrShovelFace »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 01:20:23 pm »

btw how would a dwarf react when the first thing he sees after opening a cavern is a 3 story high mutilated raccoon

The average dwarf would think: "The overseer wants this hole into the caverns sealed... BUT RACCOON!"
The more badass dwarf would think: "Hey, there's lunch in these caverns!"

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 05:32:27 pm »

lol i read more on legends and it turns our that every single toe it has is crushed in and its nose has been severed