Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Single Material Artifacts and Ice  (Read 2024 times)

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: Single Material Artifacts and Ice
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 01:05:26 am »

Back to the artifact... My dwarves won't move it. I need it moved, along with other things, so I made a stockpile including cut gems. Does an artifact gem not count as a cut one? If not, how can I move it? It can't be dumped.

EDIT: Another single-material artifact to call into question... a larch chair. One of my carpenters made an artifact chair out of only one larch log. Encircled with bands of larch. It's only worth 2400. I tried to use it to make my mayor an amazing all-purpose room, but I hadn't realized how cheap it was...
there is a slight bug about large cut gems not being properly moved.  usually, i get around this by decorating the gems... the jeweller takes the large gem from the depot, decorates it at his workshop, thTHEN he correctly stockpiles the gem.

this is an artifact, though, and it isnt possible to further decorate the silly thing.  i guess it's destined to just sit around like a lump.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 08:22:47 am »

Artifact gem finished goods are bugged.  They aren't stored in stockpiles like they should.  IIRC, artifact gem furniture is stored as normal.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 09:29:10 am »

Speaking of ice and artifacts, if a dorf creates an artifact from a mined lump of ice, can it melt? What if it has decorations of ice?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 11:28:17 am »

Speaking of ice and artifacts, if a dorf creates an artifact from a mined lump of ice, can it melt? What if it has decorations of ice?
It's possible to make crafts and stuff out of ice? I'd imagine the artifact would either: melt, be considered destroyed, and drive its creator to insanity; or stay as ice forever, just like artifacts can burn forever. I've no idea which would happen. I'll make some crafts next winter, if possible, to do a semi-test.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 01:21:51 pm »

I see no reason why it would be impossible to make crafts out of ice, so long as you make them outdoors. If you bring ice inside it melts.

Heck, I once had a carpenters workshop that was made out of ice. It melted in the first spring :(

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 [2]