Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to start Adventure mode?  (Read 787 times)

Oathbreaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to start Adventure mode?
« on: July 09, 2011, 01:54:07 am »

Hi. Either I'm stupid or someone forgot to put the info for how to actually enable adventure mode or start it - in the "Adventure Mode Quickstart guide" on the wiki.

Mac OS X if that makes a difference.

While we're at it, is there a simple easy way to enable the graphics replacements for the ASCII that I see pictures of, or do I need to download a mod for that? And what's the deal with the 8923 movement keys??
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 01:58:12 am by Oathbreaker »

gomwon

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: How to start Adventure mode?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 02:24:40 am »

Are you using 40d, or 2010? Arrow keys have always worked for movement for me, on 2010

http://twitter.com/#!/Gompasta for Dwarf Fortress Tweetspam.

Oathbreaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 02:26:28 am »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 02:59:22 am »

i guess the world gen a non adventure able land.
or by a stretch you downloaded the wrong game and ended up with no adventure mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 04:37:11 am »

The option to go into Adventure Mode is under "Start Playing", but only if you have a genned world that doesn't have an active fort on it.

Regarding graphics, I know there are packs with pre-installed graphics for windows, but I don't know about macs. The modding forum can probably help you. Also, you might want to check out the wiki's articles on tilesets and graphics sets.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

Oathbreaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 09:58:39 pm »

The option to go into Adventure Mode is under "Start Playing", but only if you have a genned world that doesn't have an active fort on it.

Regarding graphics, I know there are packs with pre-installed graphics for windows, but I don't know about macs. The modding forum can probably help you. Also, you might want to check out the wiki's articles on tilesets and graphics sets.

I've checked out the graphics tileset page on the wiki, but the links lead to forum threads that seem designed for people who really know what they're doing and/or are running Windows. Neither of those apply to me, I just want to play the game with graphics, on a Mac, with not more than one guy to worry about. I'm beginning to think that the number of hoops to jump through to make that happen is simply not worth it with my limited understanding of computer stuff.