Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Segfault in town - Take my save and help me leave the town? :'(  (Read 712 times)

Ascaronth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is anyone else having a LOT of segfaults (seemingly randomly) when entering or walking through the shops section of towns? I said seemingly randomly because sometimes the game will segfault upon entering a yellow tile in the world map, sometimes not. And once I'm in, simply walking and going around will sometimes crash the game, upon nearing a shop. It seems that different zones have different chances of crashing the game, but I'm not totally sure. The version is 31.25, linux. I'm using civilization forge but I had the same problem with monster hunter universe and genesis. I didn't try vanilla. It could be that my pc is too crappy, but it's most probably a bug, since in hamlets or in non-commercial zones of towns I don't have this problem.

EDIT: It seems that whatever I do, wherever I go, I'll be segfaulting before I can "leave this site". I'm uploading the save and will post a link to it ASAP. I would be really, really grateful if someone could leave that town and save in the wilderness, so I can keep on playing. Will reply when the file is up.

EDIT2: The save is here
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:40:27 pm by Ascaronth »

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: Segfault in town
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 12:59:50 pm »

i'm running DF vanilla linux .25.  i've had perhaps one or two seemingly random segfaults.  not specifically in market towns, as at least one was in fortress mode.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: Segfault in town - Take my save and help me leave the town? :'(
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 01:17:58 pm »

Running DF linux .25 heavily modded, and I've yet to experience a segfault anywhere.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Ascaronth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Segfault in town - Take my save and help me leave the town? :'(
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 01:39:45 pm »

Here is the save. The world is genned with civilization forge but it shouldn't be a problem if you haven't it installed, it's the whole region save. Df version is 31.25 as I said in the first post. If someone could just exit the town and save in the wilderness it would be fantastic. You can keep the adventurer if you want, he (or she? Can't remember lol) is pretty badass. Started as a human lasher but I somehow managed to lose my whip and my shield, so (s)he's now dual-wielding shields and bashing everyone's skull through their brain.