Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World of Battles- Any good?  (Read 2300 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
World of Battles- Any good?
« on: August 14, 2011, 04:16:11 am »

http://www.worldofbattles.com/

Well the question is the topic name. Its an rts with eight races, rpg elements and customisable units. Best of all, its free. What I'm wondering is if anyone's played it. There must be something wrong with it if it dosen't even have a short article of wikipedia. I can't actually download it my self right now. So in short, is it any good?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Battles- Any good?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:20:11 am »

Is it a MMO?

If so then there is a 90% chance it isn't good

If it tries to limit how much you can play in a single day... then there is a 99% chance it isn't good.

I'd click the link but I'd likely be hit by tons upon tons of spyware.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:32:34 am »

I don't see anything about time limits or spyware but I think its a mmo. But it does probably suck, the video looked somewhat good though.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 04:44:32 am »

Hmmm, I watched the video and it does look pretty cool, but after just a few seconds I already know it'd be waaay too intense for my computer/internet. :-/ Sorry!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 07:10:21 am »

Looks interesting, but I don't like how paying for a premium account actually benefits you. Also, very little community love, because that wiki is just destitute and unloved. I think it could be fun for an in-house or something, but not sure about just playing with others on thar
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 09:07:39 am »

It looks like an MMO version of Total War. Actually, it more resembles Warhammer: Mark of Chaos.

It looks okay, but there's certain to be a cash shop that gives people who pay an advantage.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 11:32:58 am »

I think I am gonna give it a try real quick...not much better to do. I will let you all know what I think.

Ok played for a bit and I am a bit mixed on it...mind you ive not played against another human nor have I played very long

There are single player challenges to give you some gold and xp (which I have been doing)

The battle mechanics themselves are pretty deep and it seems like tactics are far superior to simple stats though I can say the army movement feels a little...clunky but not unbearable.

The pay to get content is rather annoying...upon leveling up you unlock new weapons/armor/units etc for your army...but only about half of them can be purchased with gold and the rest (obviously better stuff) must be payed for with gems (the stuff you have to pay for)

on the bright side the stuff you get for paying does not appear to be over powered and is actually only slightly better (at lower levels)

When I run through a bunch of challenges (you only get rewards from each SP challenge once) and get leveled up a bit I will try a human opponent to see how it works out.

there is also a nifty "reliability" rating...if people quit games to save their record and crap they can and will get banned from playing for a certain amount of time.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:32:25 pm by dennislp3 »